Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/9/2021 8:43:22 AM EDT
I didn't have one before the crazy hit.  Luckily it came with a few but wow.........are these always hard to find or just a victim of the last year or so of panic buying?
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#1]
They will probably become harder to find because everyone wants to use Magpul and with Armalite offering the AR-10A which accepts those magazines production of 10b steel magazines will probably be put on the back burner.

The Equipment Exchange on this site usually has some available from time to time. GunBroker is another option.

Link Posted: 4/13/2021 12:56:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I periodically check the website and they haven’t been in stock for a while. Armalite of old promised they would always support the platform but that was years before they sold out and the current owners definitely don’t seem to care. For a while they even listed a few guns but now I think they’re all the newer style that use Knights/DPMS mags. I wish I wouldn’t have been an early adopter as there is so much cool stuff now but I hate adding yet another mag to the stash amd I can’t imagine there’s much demand for the old style.
Link Posted: 4/13/2021 2:41:47 PM EDT
[#3]
I personally believe the Armalite Gen2 metal magazines are superior in every way to the Magpul variety. The Gen1 and modified M14 magazines not so much
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:12:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I periodically check the website and they haven’t been in stock for a while. Armalite of old promised they would always support the platform but that was years before they sold out and the current owners definitely don’t seem to care. For a while they even listed a few guns but now I think they’re all the newer style that use Knights/DPMS mags. I wish I wouldn’t have been an early adopter as there is so much cool stuff now but I hate adding yet another mag to the stash amd I can’t imagine there’s much demand for the old style.
View Quote

Yeah I don’t think the new company wants to support the B rifle much even though there are many owners that will need parts. I stocked up on parts for My Bs when I thought Hitlery was going to be president. I could always use a few more parts but I’m good to go.

Quoted:
I personally believe the Armalite Gen2 metal magazines are superior in every way to the Magpul variety. The Gen1 and modified M14 magazines not so much
View Quote

I agree with the Gen 2 being better than magpul and plus many more. I never had any malfunctions with the Gen 1 mags, as a matter of fact i had so much success with them it took me a long time to start buying Gen 2 mags.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 9:42:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine were torn apart so I never took advantage of the bulk pack sales they did. Even then I knew I was messing up.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 7:55:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

That's disappointing.  I didn't know the state of the company.  At least this AR was a gift.  Makes me hesitant to shoot it much knowing parts might not be available.
Link Posted: 4/22/2021 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I think the mags and the actual receivers are the only oddball parts and in a pinch the other upper receiver can be machined for the old mag. Not sure though. I think the other parts including the bcg are the same.
Link Posted: 6/13/2021 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#8]
@dhmjr40

Check dsg arms.
25rd in stock. 20rd isn’t.
https://dsgarms.com/magazines-arm10607003
Link Posted: 6/14/2021 4:24:41 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks!!   I found some but couldn't hurt to have more.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top