Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2023 9:10:08 AM EDT
are the ar 30 round mags that don't have a date code on the body ok in ban states that allow pre ban mags?
Link Posted: 4/8/2023 2:05:49 PM EDT
[#1]
A particular state's list of unlawful firearms would include specific items. If you find a list that includes mags with date code, let us know. I would be surprised to see it.
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 3:59:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
are the ar 30 round mags that don't have a date code on the body ok in ban states that allow pre ban mags?
View Quote

By default yes...if a mag body is undated and larger than 10 rounds it's considered pre-ban. I don't think there's been any mags made since 1994 that haven't been dated, at least not in the US, and I don't think mags can be imported unless they have a date code on them, or are known to be from before 1994?

I have a bunch of pre-ban AR mags I've been sitting on as well as a bunch of pre-ban AUG mags as well...
Link Posted: 5/5/2023 4:01:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
A particular state's list of unlawful firearms would include specific items. If you find a list that includes mags with date code, let us know. I would be surprised to see it.
View Quote

Most states that have an AWB modeled it after the federal AWB, which has clear verbiage that any mag made after 9/13/1994 is considered "post ban" and must have a capacity of 10 rounds or less...and any undated mag is presumed to be manufactured before that date, and therefore legal/grandfathered in. I don't think any of the states have really changed that verbiage, but I could be wrong..
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top