User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/25/2023 3:00:36 PM EDT
First spotted here

I'm so down for the 9"!
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:17:03 PM EDT
[#1]
As cool as the other side of the pillow.
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Cascade-Dude:
As cool as the other side of the pillow.
View Quote

I've wanted this to replace my 6" 300 BLK PDW.
Folded, it should fit in the same backpack, but with more barrel and handguard space.
I'm stoked!
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 8:05:59 AM EDT
[#3]
I would like to see a side by side by side comparison of the Foxtrot Mike 300 with the PSA Jakl and the Sig MCX.  I have a Virtus with a 6.75" barrel, and have been holding off on a Jakl, as they seem to have teething issues in 300, such as a wandering zero when suppressed.  I would like to dedicate my MCX to suppressed configuration and have another folder as a "bag gun."  The FM seems like it may be the lightest and least expensive option.  
Link Posted: 11/27/2023 12:24:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Will keep this in mind....once Illinois is unfucked with gun laws.
Link Posted: 11/30/2023 12:37:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Mine's is on its way!
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 3:30:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: ihon] [#6]
Can the gas be turned off easily for single shot use with subsonics?  Does the FM gas block have pre-set gas settings like an FAL?  I realize this is a very limited use option, but would be neat if it was already built it.  I probably would use it more than a few times at most, so maybe a mute point.

I have a 5.56 FM-15 upper, but it doesn't have the adjustable gas block (which is why I got it cheap). The 11.5" with side folder stock makes for a super compact carbine.  I'd love to get one in .300.  I'll eventually get the A3 bullpup conversion to give it a try.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 6:11:22 PM EDT
[#7]
This one looks like fixed gas.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 8:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By GLOCKshooter:
I would like to see a side by side by side comparison of the Foxtrot Mike 300 with the PSA Jakl and the Sig MCX.  I have a Virtus with a 6.75" barrel, and have been holding off on a Jakl, as they seem to have teething issues in 300, such as a wandering zero when suppressed.  I would like to dedicate my MCX to suppressed configuration and have another folder as a "bag gun."  The FM seems like it may be the lightest and least expensive option.  
View Quote

They are so much lighter than the others and the proven Stoner Direct Gas system.
Should be GTG.
Link Posted: 12/1/2023 8:35:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By robertmegar:
Mine's is on its way!
View Quote

Jelly!
Link Posted: 12/18/2023 1:22:15 AM EDT
[#10]
Mine showed up yesterday.  Happy dance

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/18/2023 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By sixgunsblazing:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20267/IMG_9481_jpeg-3063136.JPG
View Quote

Awesome!
Can you tell what the gas block journal size appears to be?
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:13:48 PM EDT
[#12]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20267/IMG_9481_jpeg-3063136.JPG
View Quote

@sixgunsblazing @robertmegar

Any update on how these function / accuracy / general impressions?  

Link Posted: 3/3/2024 2:37:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: robertmegar] [#13]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:

@sixgunsblazing @robertmegar

Any update on how these function / accuracy / general impressions?  

View Quote

Just tested at 25yds about 100rds, 20 of which were subs. Omega 9k on the front end. Disclaimer: I cleaned and oiled (Cherry Balmz) the upper first. Not a single malfunction. Seems a bit overgasses BUT shoots both subs and suppers ok. Regarding subs: last round will only push the bolt back to be catched at the carrier, not the boltface indication a weak cycle. Maybe subs with a .30 cal bore and more backpressure the bolt will be pushed back more but that's what I got. It's an issue if you drop the bolt from the bolt catch and not by racking the action because it will not chamber the top round. I love the size, weight balance and front charging handle. Wish it was 1 inch shorter but that's really nitpicking.
Link Posted: 3/3/2024 6:27:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By robertmegar:

Just tested at 25yds about 100rds, 20 of which were subs. Omega 9k on the front end. Disclaimer: I cleaned and oiled (Cherry Balmz) the upper first. Not a single malfunction. Seems a bit overgasses BUT shoots both subs and suppers ok. Regarding subs: last round will only push the bolt back to be catched at the carrier, not the boltface indication a weak cycle. Maybe subs with a .30 cal bore and more backpressure the bolt will be pushed back more but that's what I got. It's an issue if you drop the bolt from the bolt catch and not by racking the action because it will not chamber the top round. I love the size, weight balance and front charging handle. Wish it was 1 inch shorter but that's really nitpicking.
View Quote

Murphy’s Law of Gun Bags /Cases:

The new upper / scope / muzzle device is always an inch bigger than the case you were thinking of using.

Sounds like it’s under gassed for unsuppressed subs, which is a reasonable compromise.  I’ve been looking at the 11.25” 5.56 with 3-position gas but if I build / stamp a lower for that then an even shorter blackout upper is attractive. This thread is one of the few places it’s been discussed.

Thanks for the update.
Link Posted: 3/4/2024 5:30:37 PM EDT
[#15]
Mine has broken in, around the 300 round mark as advised.  Was having lots of issues with barely ejecting, and not stripping the next round from the magazine.  When I first got it, it was basically a single shot with suppressed subs.  it worked fine with supers, so I figured it was just needing a clean and break in, and was advised by CS to get rounds through it.  The last 2 magazines have been 100 percent flawless with suppressed subs, I really like this gun now

Link Posted: 3/5/2024 9:02:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Odds are good I'll end up with one of these
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 12:29:33 PM EDT
[#17]
Are these blackout versions available anywhere else than link in OP (which is out of 9”)?

I scratched my itch by buying the 11.25” 5.56 with adj gas from AIM surplus. Now I have to decide which pic rail folding stock to put on an SBR lower.  Maybe just an MI folding hinge for any buffer tube.

I’d love to get more uses out of the pic-adapter equipped lower. Does anyone know if a rimfire upper also works with the FM pic rail adapter mounted on the rear of a lower?
Link Posted: 3/6/2024 5:23:28 PM EDT
[#18]
I don't see why a 22 conversion wouldn't work, the bolt carrier doesn't recoil ..

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:12:02 AM EDT
[Last Edit: LeeTN] [#19]
I don't see why a 22 conversion wouldn't work, the bolt carrier doesn't recoil ..

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/20267/IMG_0557_jpeg-3151253.JPG
View Quote

It might be hard to find .22 components that fit. The FM-15 Gen 2's innards are proprietary the recoil spring guide rod and charging handle rod interface with the BCG.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 5:15:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By LeeTN:

It might be hard to find .22 components that fit. The FM-15 Gen 2's innards are proprietary the recoil spring guide rod and charging handle rod interface with the BCG.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

Of course, I meant going with a dedicated 22 upper or regular upper with a conversion.  That should work with the pic railed lower.
Link Posted: 3/7/2024 7:52:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Of course, I meant going with a dedicated 22 upper or regular upper with a conversion.  That should work with the pic railed lower.
View Quote

Lots of people have done this with standard uppers.
Link Posted: 3/9/2024 3:22:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#22]

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes

AIM surplus shipping was fast. Took a little trial & error to seat the pic rail & stopper / plug. Where it wound up and with the weird rubber shock buffer installed my CMMG .22 upper won’t close. Not sure how much I can adjust that towards the rear. Not a problem if a rimfire upper doesn’t fit, but it would have been a second use for a side folding stock.

If I like how the 11.25” 5.56 shoots I’ll be looking to pick up at 9” blackout. If they ever come back in stock.
Link Posted: 3/22/2024 9:14:07 PM EDT
[Last Edit: KalmanPhilter] [#23]
Well the 11.25” gas adjustable 5.56 FM-15 upper shot decently first time out.  I used a 2 MOA red dot with a 3X magnifier and my reloads with decent Hornady 55 FMJ bullets were around 2” extreme spread at 100 yards off a bench rest. Gas setting at 2 was positive ejection at 3 o:clock throwing brass 4 to 6 feet. Recoil with a flash hider seemed mild. Muzzle blast wasn’t too bad. Cocking is a little stiff (spring stacks near the end of compression).

No way of knowing how different a blackout would function.  

Definitely looking for a 9” blackout should they come back in stock.  Light and handy in 5.56 (6 lb 4 oz with red dot, folder & empty 20 round mag) so the blackout should be both shorter and a little lighter.
Link Posted: 4/23/2024 3:42:46 PM EDT
[#24]
They had 8 of the 9” blackout uppers in stock for a few days.  But while waiting for a credit card to roll over they went OOS.

Maybe if I wait they’ll put adjustable gas on them. The adjustable gas on the 11.25” 5.56 is hard to operate with the small, rounded star-wheel but it is useful.  Mine was ejecting fine unsuppressed M193 on the middle setting, but after running it suppressed on the most throttled setting the dirty gun needed the full open setting to lock back on an empty mag.
Link Posted: Today 12:22:46 PM EDT
[#25]
Originally Posted By KalmanPhilter:
They had 8 of the 9” blackout uppers in stock for a few days.  But while waiting for a credit card to roll over they went OOS.

Maybe if I wait they’ll put adjustable gas on them. The adjustable gas on the 11.25” 5.56 is hard to operate with the small, rounded star-wheel but it is useful.  Mine was ejecting fine unsuppressed M193 on the middle setting, but after running it suppressed on the most throttled setting the dirty gun needed the full open setting to lock back on an empty mag.
View Quote

Good to know.

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top