User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/12/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
Does this look factory?

Upper doesn't say "mod" anything on it, handguard looks like a KAC but is short. Am I just paranoid?

Seller has mostly good feedback and I know I should have asked before making an offer but help?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:43:10 PM EDT
[#1]
No

Kac rail is too short
Kac non ambi lower (problem home brew)
Gas doesn't look like mod 2

Looks like a home builder used kac parts somewhat but go to the kac industry page for all I know I'm wrong.

I could be wrong on lower I can't really see the picture well
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:47:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Ask in the KAC Industry forum.

From my perspective, rail looks like a a URX4 but is too short to be normal on a factory offering.  Lower is non ambi, I have only seen those sold by dealers as stripped lowers.  KAC files come with an IWS lower.  No markings on upper as you mentioned.  Gas block does not appear to be a Mod 2.

I definitely wouldn't pay that much for that rifle.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:48:01 PM EDT
[#3]
For that price?

Awe hellllll no!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:48:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Ask in the KAC Industry forum.

From my perspective, rail looks like a a URX4 but is too short to be normal on a factory offering.  Lower is non ambi, I have only seen those sold by dealers as stripped lowers.  KAC files come with an IWS lower.  No markings on upper as you mentioned.  Gas block does not appear to be a Mod 2.

I definitely wouldn't pay that much for that rifle.
View Quote

I had taken a stab and offered $2100. If its not a factory gun I'll take the neg, I don't think it was represented correctly.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:49:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks like they built a bunch of parts rifles and marked them up.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:51:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone who knows more will be along shortly, but it looks like an SR-15 stripped lower and a URX handguard. The safety and trigger guard look correct, and the stock appears to be the correct LMT. It was probably built outside the factory (did they sell non-ambi lowers fully built?). It says a single stage trigger -- correct KAC triggers are two stage.

The upper is more suspect IMO -- I don't know that they've used a stainless finished barrel. You should get a picture of the bolt-face to see if it is a standard AR bolt or a KAC one. The upper receiver would have the knights logo marked above the charging handle if it was real.

TBH it looks like someone pieced together a bunch of KAC parts around a stripped receiver and filled in the rest with whatever they had around.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Edit: as everyone else said, looks like a parts rifle, with not all parts being KAC.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:52:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Can you back out?

2100 won't get you a kac but you can definitely do better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:54:16 PM EDT
[#9]
to me it looks like a nitrided gov barrel and about $800 worth of parts
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 12:54:59 PM EDT
[#10]
Fake.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:00:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Not an expert, but don't look like my SR15.

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:13:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Look at the sellers other shit piles he has listed.  That will tell you everything you need to know.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:15:48 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah false advertising

Sometimes I see people selling sr15 mod 2 uppers on kac non ambi builds and selling them as a true mod 2 and guy's are quick to buy and figure it out after, this isn't even close to that.

My kac's are only uppers and I built the lowers as close to kac as I could lmt buffer tube, ambi mag catch, etc... and they are on cheap place holders until I find a true kac lowers this you can't even get close. I don't pretend that they are true mod2s even though they are damn near close.

It's definitely not e3 judging the barrel
Charge that one back
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:23:04 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like the auction has been relisted.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:24:07 PM EDT
[#15]
That guy wants $2700 for that mish mash of parts.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:28:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Parts rifle only Kac parts I can see is a stripped lower, trigger guard, safety selector & 10.75 URX4 mlok rail.
Edit- Kac M4QD flash hider
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:45:02 PM EDT
[#17]
Well for starters, it has a non ambi lower....

Fonty hit it.  Obvious parts build with a handful of KAC parts.

Totally misrepresented.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:57:52 PM EDT
[#18]
And of course the seller is trying to shake me down for 10%.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:00:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

F that, get GB installed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:08:47 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Fuck that. 10% for catching him in a lie? He should be reported for misrepresenting his auction.

What is pictured is not an SR-15 yet that's his description. It's pretty easy to verify that it isn't.

I hate scammers. The rail length stands out right away, even though it's likely a URX4 rail, KAC would never put that rail on a 16" gun. No upper receiver markings and the rest. The guy's a scam artist.

Sell what you like but don't lie about what's being sold.....and that's what he's doing.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:09:53 PM EDT
[#21]
No QD cups on the lower...dude, I'd pissed as a Hell.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:11:15 PM EDT
[#22]
No QD cups on the lower...dude, I'd pissed as a Hell.  

You need to report that Scumbag to GB...
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:15:38 PM EDT
[#23]
Agreed parts build it has a B5 stock if you look close
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:19:21 PM EDT
[#24]
That is not a factory KAC rifle. Not even close

Geno From Reno is a KAC expert. I would ask him

@genofromreno
@Jack_L

The right thing to do is contact GB and inform them of this seller. False advertising is illegal and an FFL should know better. Who knows how many people he has dwindled
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:23:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Never used GB but I'd definitely report him and not pay $210 for catching him in a blatant lie.

If it was a true kac upper even on that lower you would probably be gtg for $2100 but you can buy a nice factory gun for that and the only desirable item is the stripped lower and maybe worth $200 in today's market.

A local shop by me is high in price and I could still walk out with a very nice factory built AR for that. I'm glad you backed out and don't pay a dime.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
I sent the seller an email asking if these are factory assembled KAC rifles. I didn’t mention that I am an FFL as well and have a KAC SR-15 right next to me
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:32:07 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
That is not a factory KAC rifle. Not even close

Geno From Reno is a KAC expert. I would ask him

@genofromreno

The right thing to do is contact GB and inform them of this seller. False advertising is illegal and an FFL should know better. Who knows how many people he has dwindled
View Quote

This...I purchased an SR-25 Mk. 11 Mod 0 from him years ago; he's the Man to go to.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:36:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I sent the seller an email asking if these are factory assembled KAC rifles. I didn’t mention that I am an FFL as well and have a KAC SR-15 right next to me
View Quote

I did the same and pointed out obvious discrepancies.
I already received a reply
"I believe they are factory guns with aftermarket barrel."

@DoctorLove
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:38:08 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@DoctorLove
View Quote

If that is not false advertising, I don’t know what is. I see no mention of this on the listing. Crap like this hurts all FFLs who do the right thing.

Somebody needs to report this guy before more people are taken. I go out of my way to tell buyers exactly what they are getting
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:40:07 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

@DoctorLove
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@DoctorLove

What a fucker
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:41:52 PM EDT
[#31]
My bad for firing off an offer before checking, I get it, but thanks for confirming this is is indeed a shady ad.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:43:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Seller re-listed that he got a handful of these in stock!
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:44:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
My bad for firing off an offer before checking, I get it, but thanks for confirming this is is indeed a shady ad.
View Quote

You made a mistake, OP. We understand and you're the one paying the price.
I believe the greater outrage is the seller being dishonest.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:56:54 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To prove that I'm not just cheap or poor, I took half of what he's trying to shake me down for and bought a platinum membership here. You guys just saved me a $2k mistake.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

To prove that I'm not just cheap or poor, I took half of what he's trying to shake me down for and bought a platinum membership here. You guys just saved me a $2k mistake.
View Quote

The seller’s response was posted above. That is not cool at all. I am betting he will plead ignorance. Buy from operation parts or other KAC authorized dealers
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:06:46 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Parts rifle only Kac parts I can see is a stripped lower, trigger guard, safety selector & 10.75 URX4 mlok rail.
View Quote

Quoted:
What is pictured is not an SR-15 yet that's his description. It's pretty easy to verify that it isn't.
View Quote

Part of the problem though is that KAC calls their stripped lower an SR-15. It says it right on the side of the magwell. Based on my personal experience, in my opinion, the only thing "KAC" about those stripped lowers is the logo and lettering on them. Tight magwells, and the early batches need the bandaid trigger guard they offered. While I wanted one of those stripped lowers initially, after I saw it in person, I feel like they inadvertently diluted the brand a bit. I didn't really think of someone trying to pass one off as a factory rifle, but now that I've seen this auction, it's not that surprising.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 4:11:21 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@DoctorLove
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I sent the seller an email asking if these are factory assembled KAC rifles. I didn't mention that I am an FFL as well and have a KAC SR-15 right next to me

@DoctorLove

Yeah that makes sense.

Take a complete factory SR-15, remove the KAC barrel and replace it with something else....because that's the obvious thing to do....said nobody, ever.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 6:43:15 PM EDT
[#38]
I hate when these scammers pull this crap.  He knows what it is and trying to make fast cash in these times.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:00:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Holy shite the description

"We picked up a handful of these Knights Armament SR-15 rifles and they wont last long. These have a 16" barrel with M-Lok handguard. Suppressor mount. Single stage trigger."  
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 7:14:40 PM EDT
[#40]
It’s wrong for him to misrepresent something like that but man you must have a lot more money than me. No way I even bid before doing a whole lot more research. It’s very obviously a pieces together build.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:22:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
It’s wrong for him to misrepresent something like that but man you must have a lot more money than me. No way I even bid before doing a whole lot more research. It’s very obviously a pieces together build.
View Quote

It was late, I had a few beers and I have been listing for a while.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:24:34 PM EDT
[#42]
This guy knew exactly what he was doing. It’s probably a knights lower that says SR15 so that’s gonna be his excuse as to not technically lying. Certainly should leave a bad review and refuse to give any money maybe even report him. Hopefully it works out.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:42:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Not a factory SR-15 as obviously stated already.  Tell the seller that's not an SR-15...just a mutt build on a stripped lower.  I'd bet a crisp $20 that doesn't have an E3 bolt or barrel either....
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:50:44 PM EDT
[#44]
Wish there was an ignore seller on GB, so I know never to buy anything from this guy.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:56:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Unfortunately there really isn't an avenue to report this obvious stuff until you're a victim; and then, GB's buyer protection is a whopping $500 with $100 deductible according to their policy if you received the wrong item or no item. If the receiver says "SR-15" there isn't much you can do.

Basically, the seller has nothing to lose by leaving the listing up and waiting for 3 people who don't know better.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Unfortunately there really isn't an avenue to report this obvious stuff until you're a victim; and then, GB's buyer protection is a whopping $500 with $100 deductible according to their policy if you received the wrong item or no item. If the receiver says "SR-15" there isn't much you can do.

Basically, the seller has nothing to lose by leaving the listing up and waiting for 3 people who don't know better.
View Quote

Link to ad?
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:02:19 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Link to ad?
View Quote

https://www.gunbroker.com/Item/889477526
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#48]
I just offered him $500 for the mutt build and then berated him for calling it an "SR-15".  Didn't mention you.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:16:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I reported it thru support. Idk if it'll do any good.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 9:31:24 PM EDT
[#50]
Nothing about that rifle came from the factory like that.

Hate to be a douche canoe but its pretty obvious if you would of done some research first.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top