Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2021 2:00:03 PM EDT
If a flip-to-side magnifier had an adjustable magnification (say, 3-6x) wouldn't it be in a sense a better alternative to an LPVO, b/c you could still have a true red-dot sight out front (which will always be better than the 1x on an LPVO)?

Why not have a flip-to-side magnifier with a throw lever or twist ring like that?
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:07:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Lucid makes one I believe.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:12:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Lucid makes one I believe.
View Quote

Lucid 2-5x
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 2:12:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Almost everyone uses either 1x or full power. Not really sure it would be a hot seller.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 3:15:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah wouldn't really be a hot seller because at that point it would be less convenient than a 1-4, 1-6, etc... I'd prefer a LPVO over a red dot/magnifier combo.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 4:38:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I would guess a variable power magnifier would be larger and heavier than any existing magnifier already being produced and sold.
Link Posted: 2/16/2021 6:57:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Even with an LPVO I am either on 1x or 6x so I would have zero interest personally.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 9:53:32 PM EDT
[#7]
I like red dots so when I clicked I was thinking why not.  However, in reading the posts and thinking about what I use - as soon as I went flip to the side, the need for a variable magnifier really is gone.
Link Posted: 2/17/2021 10:34:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I have a Lucid.  Makes zeroing a lot easier.  If you're watching for pop-ups you can set it on 2X or 2.5X.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top