Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/7/2021 8:53:11 AM EDT
I see the 1-6 is popular. It gets mentioned all the time. Why not the 1-8?
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 9:38:31 AM EDT
[#1]
First focal plane and not red dot bright is a terrible combination.
Link Posted: 5/7/2021 10:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
First focal plane and not red dot bright is a terrible combination.
View Quote

Thought the 1-8x28 is daylight bright, it's the 1-6x24 that's not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 10:47:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

View Quote

I've never seen a Trijicon that had a daylight bright reticle...even when some faceless person who owns one , says it is.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:19:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The 1-6 hx led are. The segmented reticle 1-6 is not. The 1-8 is supposedly brighter than the segment 1-6 but still not daylight bright. I've considered picking up the 1-8 but the illumination and the weight has held me back.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Aren’t they bricks for weight?
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 12:59:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Aren’t they bricks for weight?
View Quote

This was the reason I assumed most wouldn’t be attracted to it that aren’t attracted to it. Isn’t this the one that’s mostly a revamped 1-8 Accupower? I like my 1-8 Accupower but it’s a chubster.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

Because Of weight and cost. I have the 1-8 Accupower and Harv24 can shut up but to my eyes the 1-8 in red is bright enough. It’s not nuclear blooming everywhere but on a circle dot reticle you don’t want that. I’ve shot against a guy who runs a shop and he had the credo. It’s the same optic minus the low red settings are replaced by green. It is red and bright enough to see against reddish brown berms with no clouds.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:23:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Because Of weight and cost. I have the 1-8 Accupower and Harv24 can shut up but to my eyes the 1-8 in red is bright enough. It’s not nuclear blooming everywhere but on a circle dot reticle you don’t want that. I’ve shot against a guy who runs a shop and he had the credo. It’s the same optic minus the low red settings are replaced by green. It is red and bright enough to see against reddish brown berms with no clouds.
View Quote

Which does not make it daylight bright...

Which is why the internet can be useless...Very few who own them will speak ill of them.
You can have you're opinion, not your own facts...I've looked thru enough of them to know that they are not daylight bright. Just because it's "bright enough" for you, does not change that fact.

The whole point of a LVPO is to perform like a daylight bright 1x red dot....otherwise its just another low powered scope.

I don't know why so many have such a hard time grasping that concept.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 1:58:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I have owned a 1-8x Accupower, they are not “daylight bright,” at least in the context that most use that term.  Their illumination is in no way comparable to an RDS.

It’s still not a bad scope, but something I would say is more geared toward use at the upper mag ranges (decent reticle, exposed locking turrets, etc) as opposed to something like a Razor that excels at 1x.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:13:24 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nope. The 1-6 HX with the “Hunter holds” reticle is the only daylight bright model, with some saying even that model is not Vortex/Leupold bright.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:19:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Heavy, stupid exposed knobs, crappy illumination.
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I've never seen a Trijicon that had a daylight bright reticle...even when some faceless person who owns one , says it is.
View Quote

I have a 1-6x24 Credo HX with the Hunter Hold BDC.  Standing in the Arizona sun, with a cloudless sky, at high noon, I can most assuredly guarantee you the center dot illumination is RDS bright.  It cannot be captured well on my cell phone camera, it literally halves the brightness in the image.  

This level of brightness is not present in the "Segmented Circle" reticles I've seen on various Credo models.  

You can take my word on it, or not.  I have no emotional investment in the purchase,  for the brand or the specific product.  

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#13]
I just hate Harv24
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I just hate Harv24
View Quote

All that Hate's gonna burn you up kid....
Link Posted: 5/8/2021 6:42:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I have a 1-6x24 Credo HX with the Hunter Hold BDC.  Standing in the Arizona sun, with a cloudless sky, at high noon, I can most assuredly guarantee you the center dot illumination is RDS bright.  It cannot be captured well on my cell phone camera, it literally halves the brightness in the image.  

This level of brightness is not present in the "Segmented Circle" reticles I've seen on various Credo models.  

You can take my word on it, or not.  I have no emotional investment in the purchase,  for the brand or the specific product.  

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/24926/20210508_124247_jpg-1934700.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You...I trust...if you tell me it's Daylight bright then I believe you.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:05:46 PM EDT
[#16]
There's been a bunch of pics of the led version being red dot bright and there's a long thread here on them. Trijicon gets everyone confused with their 20 different models of every scope. I don't know why they never did a red dot scope before. A lot of their scopes are made by LOW who has been making red dot bright scopes for years so its not like the technology is unavailable.
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 8:15:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Isn't the HX touted as a brighter reticle?
Link Posted: 5/9/2021 10:08:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Yes. It is an led dot and I would assume a wire reticle. The segment one is an etched reticle which is harder to make red dot bright. The led version probably uses the same set up as on a delta Stryker or razor or other scopes made by that company.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top