Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/7/2024 7:49:34 PM EDT
Been using the anderson lpks.  Yeah i know.  Not looking to break the bank.  Who has decent quality for not crazy $ ?

Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#1]
CMMG is my go to.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 7:57:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Aero Pecision is usually pretty good for the price.

I use Sionics Weapon Systems. Hammer and trigger are Nickle-Boron coated, nice and smooth trigger pull. And it comes with an ambidextrous safety.
The cost for this one is a little bit more but I think it's worth it.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 8:45:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Colt
RRA
CMMG
Delton
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 10:49:47 PM EDT
[#4]
I vote RRA as well. Especially when they run them on sale.
Link Posted: 1/7/2024 11:17:31 PM EDT
[#5]
I used a Smith and Wesson LPK a few builds ago because I needed it in a hurry and it was all that was available locally.

Everything fit perfectly in a Spikes lower and the mil spec trigger is the smoothest I've encountered.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:22:58 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 12:34:16 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#7]
edit because parts changed over time.
Link Posted: 1/8/2024 1:37:43 AM EDT
[#8]
ALG QMS LPK - I've been using these lately. Not the cheapest option, but quality. All small parts are mil-spec Schmid. Steel parts are phosphate finished, rather than black oxide like the cheaper LPKs. Proper detent pins that won't flatten or feel soft.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:51:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Gun Nuts/Schmid when they're on sale.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:32:54 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Normlizer] [#10]
I been using old Armalite lpk in plastic boxes.   Not sure they are even sold anymore.
Buy them cheap stack them deep =)
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:52:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#11]
Last ones I got boxed like that were with the standard trigger group were from DSG. Been a while and never really saw them at other vendors.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 2:55:26 AM EDT
[#12]
All mine came with single stage triggers.  Only picture I could find online was that one with a 2 stage.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:21:29 AM EDT
[#13]
CMMG
PSA
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 1:32:26 PM EDT
[#14]
RRA, CMMG
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:36:32 PM EDT
[#15]
PSA (no FCG).  Then get a nice FCG.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 3:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
CMC
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Schmid probably makes most of them for the other brands.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#18]
Originally Posted By trails-end:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By trails-end:

Yup. A bunch of people are just recommending Schmid parts in someone else's packaging.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:28:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Originally Posted By ckbk:
PSA (no FCG).  Then get a nice FCG.
View Quote

Funny, I was gonna suggest PSA because of their trigger.  And not the EPT trigger either.  Their regular LPK trigger is as good as any I have tried and better than many.

A person can improve any LPK trigger with a couple of minor tweaks, I don't see any reason to drop $150+ on an AR trigger unless for a specified match or target gun.
Link Posted: 1/9/2024 5:55:16 PM EDT
[#20]

Link Posted: 1/21/2024 10:29:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: bionicmonkey] [#21]
UPDATE!!

well gents, thank you for the advice

i ordered up CMMG lpks.. and today they saved my butt..

prior lowers i've worked with lately have been either 3DP or billet both with integrated trigger guards.. so i've got a lot of trigger guards laying around from my prior LPKs .. todays im working on a milspec lower and so I pull out a saved trigger guard and try to install it - that danged roll pin just will not go in despite some pretty spirited persuasion.  

so - I thought wait, what am i doing, i have a cmmg lpk, pulled out the trigger guard and roll pin, goes in perfectly with a little tapping.  the hammer and trigger are miles better too - smooth and clearly spent some time finishing the relevant surfaces.  

its the little details that matter.  

ETA : noticed the trigger is open ended too.. that's nice.

Link Posted: 1/25/2024 11:05:19 AM EDT
[#22]
+1 on the ALG QMS. Bulletproof, good feel, and not insanely expensive. You can but just the trigger, too, and Aero Precision sells a triggerless LPK at a reasonable cost.
Link Posted: 1/27/2024 11:32:23 AM EDT
[#23]
RTB

These are hard to beat for the money.  I also like CMMG, Aero, and RRA
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 10:48:42 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By Trumpet:
RTB

These are hard to beat for the money.  I also like CMMG, Aero, and RRA
View Quote
Out of stock
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:34:54 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Wangstang] [#25]
Unbranded AR ELG kits are a great bargain/budget milspec LPK. The trigger groups have an improved grind before heat treatment so you get darn close to an ALG type milspec trigger.
https://www.unbrandedar.com/product-category/ar-15-parts/sale-items/

Looks like they are currently out of stock on the website but a call may turn some up.

You can also go with just the trigger assembly
https://www.unbrandedar.com/product/elg-fire-control-group/
Link Posted: 1/31/2024 11:48:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Originally Posted By Wangstang:
Unbranded AR ELG kits are a great bargain/budget milspec LPK. The trigger groups have an improved grind before heat treatment so you get darn close to an ALG type milspec trigger.
https://www.unbrandedar.com/product-category/ar-15-parts/sale-items/

Looks like they are currently out of stock on the website but a call may turn some up.

You can also go with just the trigger assembly
https://www.unbrandedar.com/product/elg-fire-control-group/
View Quote

I've used their LPK with no FCG and it was nice and worked as it should. I might have to give that trigger assembly a try with some JP springs.
Link Posted: 2/4/2024 12:22:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Type7SOT:
CMMG is my go to.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/5/2024 11:39:34 AM EDT
[#28]
Originally Posted By Type7SOT:
CMMG is my go to.
View Quote

This would be my vote.  Excellent quality, very consistent over the years.
Link Posted: 2/7/2024 1:10:09 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 2/11/2024 9:39:41 PM EDT
[#30]

Thanks!
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 11:53:58 AM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#31]
Edit parts changed over time.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#32]
Originally Posted By j3_:
I have one of the on-sale ones supposed to be in the mail today. I bought a few different under 40$ kits just to see what would fall out of the bag or box. So far the UnbrandedAR elg kits has been the best at around 32$. the other two MIM'ed me with a lifetime supply of MIM. Anderson has the nicest box but that was about all have to say about it. The Midwayusa one wins in the most black oxide looking residue stuff you have to clean off the parts category.
View Quote

I've done the same over the years with cheap LPKs just to see what you get.

I bought two of the regular Unbranded kits when AIM had a sale.  Both initially looked good, but had crappy pistol grips, bolt catches with extra vertical lines scribed on the paddles, and mag release buttons with very shallow(almost nonexistent) grooving.  One was missing the retainer spring in it's hammer.  I replaced these parts and used everything else.  They work okay, but definitely not the smoothest.  I got a third kit directly from Unbranded, and it was fine.  Everything looked good, the parts fit and worked smooth.  I used that one in my M16A1 clone.

I bought a CMMG LPK after reading many recommendations on this site.  It's a good kit, the parts look very nice, and everything works smooth.  I just wasn't more impressed by it over some other parts I've used.  This may be because I mostly build clone rifles, and their parts are not clone correct (modern safety levers, pivot and takedown pins with odd divots on ends, of course the grip, A2 based hammers).  I would however, buy a few of the CMMG LPKs on sale right now, if I could, because it's a great deal.

Lately, I've gotten lower parts from B. Kings Firearms, and they're also, nicely finished and affordable.

Sarco used to have really good LPKs, but I haven't bought one in many years.  They're currently sub-$40.
https://www.sarcoinc.com/ar15-lower-receiver-parts-kit/

Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:24:56 PM EDT
[#33]
Evolve LPK
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 2:40:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: chevrofreak] [#34]
I've used CMMG, Aero and PSA kits, and that is the order I prefer them in.  Lately I have been using nitrided parts from B. King's as well and the amount of cash they save is significant, unless you buy that CMMG kit on sale.
Link Posted: 2/12/2024 5:10:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: j3_] [#35]
Edit parts changed over time.
Link Posted: Yesterday 7:42:36 PM EDT
[#36]
Update.  Since I was using an MBT in my most recent build, I used a Seekins set.  REALLLLLY nice.  Front pivot pin also doubles as a clevis pin, so installation is easy.
Link Posted: Today 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#37]
Agree with others CMMG is good to go.  I have also used RRA and DD I picked up on sale.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top