Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2020 1:58:22 PM EDT
Lighter grey park, plastic follower.

Marking is located low on the spine of the magazine.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 2:50:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/23/2020 4:03:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that the only mark on it?

Nothing on the floorplate?
View Quote

Floorplate is unmarked.
Link Posted: 6/25/2020 8:15:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like the Imperial Defense mags that were floating around in the early 2000s. When new they had a sticker on the magazines that said 'England". Otherwise, they were just very plain in appearance with a gray parkerized type finish similar in color to what is found on a USGI aluminum mag. Some had Imperial Defense stamped on the floorplate. But some did not. I think I still have a few of these mags stashed away somewhere if I can manage to find them. If I do, I'll let you know if the "number 2 inside a circle" marking is on them.

From what I remember, these are actually very robust magazines, at least as far as the bodies go. But I think the springs in them were a bit weak. I've heard of people changing out the springs and followers in them and reporting good results. These mags are also considered pre-ban.

Here's a side view of what the mags look like from an image I pulled off the web:

I also seem to recall that some of these magazines also had a darker park type finish, almost black. But my memory is a bit fuzzy. I may be confusing a different brand of magazine with these. And they have plastic followers as well, which are kind of cheap and crappy looking compared to something like a Magpul follower. I wish I could be a bit more helpful, but it has been forever since I bought these things...probably in the 2001/2002 time frame. I'm sure they are buried in a box somewhere in the bottom of one of my closets among other magazines hoarded during this time period. Still, I'll make an effort to find them to check the markings for you.
Link Posted: 6/26/2020 1:12:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like the Imperial Defense mags that were floating around in the early 2000s. When new they had a sticker on the magazines that said 'England". Otherwise, they were just very plain in appearance with a gray parkerized type finish similar in color to what is found on a USGI aluminum mag. Some had Imperial Defense stamped on the floorplate. But some did not. I think I still have a few of these mags stashed away somewhere if I can manage to find them. If I do, I'll let you know if the "number 2 inside a circle" marking is on them.

From what I remember, these are actually very robust magazines, at least as far as the bodies go. But I think the springs in them were a bit weak. I've heard of people changing out the springs and followers in them and reporting good results. These mags are also considered pre-ban.

Here's a side view of what the mags look like from an image I pulled off the web:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/UserImages/4484/951843189/wm_2785507.jpg

I also seem to recall that some of these magazines also had a darker park type finish, almost black. But my memory is a bit fuzzy. I may be confusing a different brand of magazine with these. And they have plastic followers as well, which are kind of cheap and crappy looking compared to something like a Magpul follower. I wish I could be a bit more helpful, but it has been forever since I bought these things...probably in the 2001/2002 time frame. I'm sure they are buried in a box somewhere in the bottom of one of my closets among other magazines hoarded during this time period. Still, I'll make an effort to find them to check the markings for you.
View Quote

Much obliged. I actually have an error in my IP. The marking is down low on the front of the magazine, not on the spine.

Your theory is plausible as I'm pretty sure I know where this magazine was purchased by the owner and the shop in question definitely sold magazines marked "ENGLAND" in the early 2000's.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 1:08:24 AM EDT
[#5]
All of the “England” mags I own have this on the bottom.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 9:21:35 PM EDT
[#6]
I’ve got a bunch of the England mags in both Black and Light Gray finish.

All have a number in a circle as described.

Only my black ones have the floor plates marked Imperial Defense.

New springs and followers when I got them and haven’t had a single issue since.
Link Posted: 8/8/2020 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I finally found them. Yes, the mags you have appear to be Imperial Defense mags. All of mine are the gray parkerized versions and my floor plates are blank. I never did mess around with these and change out the springs and followers, but I may just go ahead and do that. Based on reports, these are probably some of the best quality steel mags you can use in an AR platform once the springs (and perhaps the follower) have been swapped out for something better.
Link Posted: 8/16/2020 3:19:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for confirming.
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top