Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 8/24/2021 8:05:24 PM EDT
Been away from guns for a while but coming back and heard good things about daniel defense. Theres 2 pistols im interested in but not sure which one to get.

DDM4 pdw 300blk
Or
Mk18

Looking for something to use as home defense, something fun to shoot and possibly take with me camping.

Please no rude comments. Im a born again newb and cant get advice from family because they dont know jack.

Thank you
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:10:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Both are good... I'm partial to the MK18.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
MK18.
Link Posted: 8/24/2021 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#3]
MK18. Go the extra mile and get the stamp if you can

Link Posted: 8/25/2021 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#4]
None
Fuck Marty and his FixNICS
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 1:06:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Neither. Get a honey badger or sugar weasel if you want a 300 blackout. Or build an upper with the Q barrel or a mostek 1:5 twist.

If you want a pistol snag something from SOLGW or have Trajectory Arms build you an upper.

DD is mediocre in today’s market.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 6:42:20 PM EDT
[#6]
If this is your first AR, I'd stick with .223/5.56 which means the MK18.  Ammo is considerably cheaper, so you'll shoot more.

I have a DD MK18 upper and I like it so much I bought a second.  Light, maneuverable, easy to get on target.  Plus, since you're primary purpose is HD/plinking at the range the 10.5" barrel shouldn't be a problem because the distances of any potential engagement are presumably under 50 yards, so the velocity you lose out of such a short barrel will really be a non-issue.

Now if you already had a couple of standard AR's, were looking at a barrel under 10" or wanted to shoot suppressed, my recommendation might change.

And pay zero attention to the poster who put down DD.  They make a very high quality, accurate and reliable gun and probably have one of the best rails in the business.  Throw on a red dot (look at Holosun, Aimpoint if you can afford it, or Primary Arms if you are on a tight budget), buy a couple of extra mags and as much ammo as you can afford, and you're ready to rock.
Link Posted: 8/26/2021 8:42:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Been away from guns for a while but coming back and heard good things about daniel defense. Theres 2 pistols im interested in but not sure which one to get.

DDM4 pdw 300blk
Or
Mk18

Looking for something to use as home defense, something fun to shoot and possibly take with me camping.

Please no rude comments. Im a born again newb and cant get advice from family because they dont know jack.

Thank you
View Quote

DDM4 pdw 300blk hands down.
Link Posted: 8/28/2021 12:57:32 AM EDT
[#8]
Thanks everyone. Going to go with the ddm4 pdw. Probably get a backpack for it too
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 9:04:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks everyone. Going to go with the ddm4 pdw. Probably get a backpack for it too
View Quote

Hope you enjoy it, it should serve your purposes perfectly.
Link Posted: 8/29/2021 10:13:13 PM EDT
[#10]
good choice, let us know what back pack you get
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 4:30:16 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
good choice, let us know what back pack you get
View Quote

Will do
Link Posted: 12/3/2021 12:23:07 AM EDT
[#12]
I was on the same boat for a while and decided on the MK18. I love the DDM4 but I have plenty of 223/556 and decided that the cost of 300 blk would make me not shoot it as much….
Maybe for my next gun. Sure looks super rad
Link Posted: 12/5/2021 9:39:37 PM EDT
[#13]
If you are not going to suppress it think PCC.  It amazes me how many people say they want to shoot rifle cartridges indoors. I swear 90% of the people who post dont actually shoot their guns if they even own any.

That said, DD MK18 is a nice little proven package.  I also think .300 BKout is great for no flash and extremely light recoil unsuppressed.  For indoor out of a shorter barrel .300 all day long over 5.56 IMHO, but I will take, for example only, an HK94 over anything else if we are talking no suppressor for indoor use. I am sure you can find an AR platform comparable.
Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:27:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Mk18 with a Law Tactical folder inside a Vertx Gamut 2.0

Link Posted: 12/6/2021 1:38:52 PM EDT
[#15]
If you have a can PDW
If no can MK18
300blk is dumb with no can
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:50:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Update....
The pdw has been sitting in the safe. Havent had a chance to get a sight for it. Slowly buying stuff for it and will eventually shoot it once i get a red dot for it. Been busy with kids, work and training my dog. Thank you for all the help everyone
Link Posted: 12/10/2021 2:51:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Ill eventually get a can but theres a problem with my birthdate being wrong. Need to go to social security to get it straightened out before getting the can
Link Posted: 12/12/2021 10:28:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Ill eventually get a can but theres a problem with my birthdate being wrong. Need to go to social security to get it straightened out before getting the can
View Quote

eform4 is coming soon, which could result in a much shorter wait time to get a can.  If I were you I'd jump on this train sooner rather than later.  Good news is you still have time as it opens end of the month.

I have the pdw and the gun was made for suppression.  Find a can you like and just keep it attached to the dd pdw.
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top