Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2018 2:43:22 PM EDT
I’ve done numerous searches and I’m only coming up with articles about selecting the proper weight buffer.

What I’m looking for is where to get the indevidual buffer weights that go inside the buffer itself without cannibalizing another buffer. Like, say you have an H4 buffer and you want to make it an H3 by swapping out a tungsten weight with a steel one. Is there a place that you can pick up just those steel weights?
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 2:48:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Geissele sells tungsten weights individually for their super 42 buffer system. Just not sure if that weight is compatible with standard carbine buffers.

Here

ETA: or you could just buy a standard carbine and H3 buffer or H and H2 buffer and have everything you need.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:08:05 PM EDT
[#2]
They are available from an eBay seller at times.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
I get mine from Midwest Tungsten Services (they mfr a variety of stuff). Fast, reasonable, quality product.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:13:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I ordered these recently, haven't opened any buffers yet to compare them to anything but they look good:
https://pur-tungsten.com/product/tungsten-recoil-buffer-weights/

KAK Industries offers weights made of various materials and kits as well as the plain tungsten weights:
https://www.kakindustry.com/buffer-weight-tungsten
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 3:19:25 PM EDT
[#6]
I was gonna say KAK, someone beat me to it.  I've never bought from them, just knew they had a kit.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 4:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
+2 KAK
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#8]
unbranded has aluminum, steel, and tungsten at good prices. I believe $6 per tungsten. I go to them for cheap small parts, but shipping is like $10 so its a good idea to make a good purchase instead of little pieces at a time.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 6:40:11 PM EDT
[#9]
tungsten is tungsten, go to ebay
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:04:46 PM EDT
[#10]
The ones currently on ebay look pretty rough.  I'd go with KAK for the price of shipping.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 8:08:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Brownells or Midway I would imagine
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#13]
You asked about steel weights and everyone gave you ideas where to buy Tungsten weights . When switching weights, people are usually looking for the cheapest way to raise buffer weight because most ARs come with carbine buffers.
If you are looking for steel weights, I would just buy a cheap carbine buffer from Ebay and 'steal the steel' out of it. You can find a carbine buffer for around $10. If you already have Tungsten weights you could also just replace Tungsten weights with a spacer, assuming you have something around to use as a spacer.
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 9:34:54 PM EDT
[#14]
What does the rifle do , if it has the wrong buffer?

Chinook3
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

KAK Industries offers weights made of various materials and kits as well as the plain tungsten weights:
https://www.kakindustry.com/buffer-weight-tungsten
View Quote
KAK has exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 12:07:10 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You asked about steel weights and everyone gave you ideas where to buy Tungsten weights . When switching weights, people are usually looking for the cheapest way to raise buffer weight because most ARs come with carbine buffers.
If you are looking for steel weights, I would just buy a cheap carbine buffer from Ebay and 'steal the steel' out of it. You can find a carbine buffer for around $10. If you already have Tungsten weights you could also just replace Tungsten weights with a spacer, assuming you have something around to use as a spacer.
View Quote
Lol, right? I’m not one to complain though; maybe someone else who is looking for tungsten weights will stumble across this thread and find those suggestions helpful.

A little backstory on my situation and why I’m looking for steel weights - I got a good deal on a VLTOR A5H4 buffer and need to lighten it up. As a matter of fact I did get a cheap carbine buffer, but it had one long weight in it instead of 4 individuals. I cut a chunk off and filed it down to size to make an A5H3, but that was a big pain in the ass. I took this setup to the range and everything ran fine with m193, but switching to .223 produced a bunch of FTF malfunctions.

Before anyone asks - yes I have the proper buffer tube and a rifle spring.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 1:43:20 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
Nice thing about KAK is they also sell steel and aluminium weights too. plus the bumper,roll pins, buffer body.  They offer a whole kit or just buy what you want separate.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top