Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2021 7:56:52 PM EDT
I want to buy one of these lowers as I have a project in mind that would work great with the changeable magwells, but I can’t seem to find where to buy one? I’ve searched online and even asked an LGS to order one for me without any success. Do I need to just keep stalking gunbroker and hope I luck out, or is there a particular vendor who carries these that I haven’t come across yet?
Link Posted: 1/4/2021 8:43:09 PM EDT
[#1]
There are a couple on Gunbroker right now.
Link Posted: 1/8/2021 5:51:56 PM EDT
[#2]
I’m looking as well.  I can tell you the phone numbers that are listed on MGI website are disconnected.  

The official email is defunct or no one cares to respond.  

I bought a MGI lower from the guy on GB and he is good to go.
The last several have been listed from the same seller.  

Edit.  I am looking for another one.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:03:31 AM EDT
[#3]
MGI and Windham specs are a little different...

Been working a similar project for a while.  I bought a lower (rear) from MGI a couple years ago and magwells from Windham, only to discover that when the two are put together, the complete lower is about 0.6 - 0.8 millimeter too long to mate with (any) AR upper.

Almost done with the necessary hand-fitting required, and will post pics when I can.

Right now, just need an AK magwell.

Also, Windham MCS mag wells seem to have variances; I've got the standard MCS AR mag well (unmodified) working with my MGI lower rear half (where I did the modifications), but the MCS 9mm mag well will require some mods as well.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 11:17:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Good luck.  I tried to find one around the time MGI went out of business and failed.  Ultimately, if you're not using the lower as a RDIAS host it doesn't make much sense money wise.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:08:33 PM EDT
[#5]
When it is not current shit market., these guns are usually all over Maine. Mostly with 22 LR set ups.

There is a large gun shop in Maine called Kittery Trading Post. They regularly update their inventory. Keep your eyes open there for them to pop up.

Or try the Moosehead Trading Post in Newport Maine. Jim, the owner, has an in with Gwinn family. The Gwinn's are the OG Bushmaster family and the founder of MGI.

Bev
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:44:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I’m going to use it with a LL.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
MGI and Windham specs are a little different...

Been working a similar project for a while.  I bought a lower (rear) from MGI a couple years ago and magwells from Windham, only to discover that when the two are put together, the complete lower is about 0.6 - 0.8 millimeter too long to mate with (any) AR upper.
View Quote

Odd, I bought a Windham AK magwell for my Hydra and it worked just fine - better in fact than the Hydra AK magwell as it works with a wider variety of magazines.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 9:58:06 AM EDT
[#8]
IslandTimes,
Back to your original question, GunBroker (and this forum) is probably our best option for these parts.  That and scrounging around at gun shows/stores.  Windham told me that resuming MCS production would depend on the outcome of the election, so probably not good news there.

Maybe my MGI lower was from a bad batch as they were closing down, but you might find similar fit issues as I did.

Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top