Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/25/2021 3:09:16 AM EDT
I'm building a 723 clone A2 carbine and I'm still looking for either USGI or very similar in appearance peel washers...  Any ideals who might have them in stock?

I have a Brownells 14.7" M4 profile barrel that I had a local and a better known AR-Smith "pin and weld" on a standard A2 flash suppressor with their A2 "peel" washer.  Their "peel" washer wasn't a real USGI type or even close since its obviously way too thick.  So basically, I lost $75 and the cost of an A2 F/S...  Not counting that this pinned on F/S will need to be cut and removed once I find the right type of peel washers...  They even installed the A2 peep sight backwards...  Another story.

Anyway, being a retired Army Combat Arms E-7, those "little things" stick out with me since my eyes will automatically "zero in" on that overly thick washer they used.

Thanks for looking AND for any leads!!
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#1]
https://www.jsesurplus.com/peelwasher.aspx

Says retro. Don’t know if authentic or not.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 6:41:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Fulton Armory and White Oak Armament as well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 9:25:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Just ordered some from white oak. Super fast shipping with those guys.

Also saw a set out there that comes already peeled but cant remember where was like $6 a set.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 5:14:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I used a Fulton Armory peel washer on my Model 723 clone. Barrel I used was a NIB Daniel Defense 14.5" 1-7 pencil barrel (discontinued now) that John Thomas added a spacer to then welded FH so I'd be legal.

Link Posted: 1/31/2021 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Got mine from White Oak. Perfectly happy with it. Also got lucky in that I didn't have to peel the washer to get proper torque and timing.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 4:28:27 PM EDT
[#6]
I built an FN A2 upper using mostly USGI FN components aside from the peel washer, that's from WOA.

Here's a pic: FN barrel with WOA washer on top and Colt NOS upper with USGI peel washer on bottom. They don't look exactly the same, the WOA washer is shinier for what that's worth.

Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:35:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just ordered some from white oak. Super fast shipping with those guys.

Also saw a set out there that comes already peeled but cant remember where was like $6 a set.
View Quote

This is where I got mine, I haven't installed it yet. But yeah, fast shipping. I will order from them again.
Link Posted: 2/1/2021 6:37:05 PM EDT
[#8]
Did you guys have to use fire to separate the washers from each other?
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#9]
I used a razor blade.

Fire/heat will turn it brown if your not really careful.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:25:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used a razor blade.

Fire/heat will turn it brown if your not really careful.
View Quote

+1
No reason to use fire.
A new razor blade will work just fine.
Page AR-15 » A2 Builds
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top