Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2021 8:12:14 PM EDT
I think I previously asked but can't find the link.

Have a stripped lower along with an Aero LPK (excluding FCG) and as assembling it was hard to determine which of these parts I would upgrade.

Are LPK upgrades mostly for aesthetics?
What am I potentially missing out on by not upgrading a specific LPK?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#1]
A spring is a spring.  What do you want to "upgrade"?
Link Posted: 1/9/2021 9:58:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Ambi and/or short throw safety
Ambi mag release
winter trigger guard
Grip that fits your hand

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 6:16:41 AM EDT
[#3]
BCM trigger guard
V7 short throw 57 degree ultralight safety
BCM Gunfighter Mod 3 grip
BCM QD rear plate

These are my most frequent mods. I have a million A2 grips and standard trigger guards in the parts bin. The V7 safety is so expensive I only have 3. I hate ambi safeties because my trigger finger bumps the lever. If you are right handed you don't need any ambi stuff.

For everything else it's either cheap standard MIM USGI stuff or full V7 lightweight stuff.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 10:04:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I like to put in reduced power hammer snd trigger springs. It improves the trigger a lot and I don't have issues with failure to ignite primers.  Costs $10 from brownells
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top