Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/3/2018 7:47:24 PM EDT

Got my LPK and did the ole navel jelly deal and got ready to assemble my GX-5857 and guess what I found. (OK guess what I DIDN'T find!)

FML
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:54:16 PM EDT
[#1]
BHO?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:59:25 PM EDT
[#2]
HOLY HOLES!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:12:19 PM EDT
[#3]
That's a nice one. 80% ?
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:43:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
That's a nice one. 80% ?
View Quote
Looks like about 98%.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:43:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
That's a nice one. 80% ?
View Quote
Apparently it was a 70%.

Anyone know the diameter and depth the BHO plunger spring holey hole is supposed to be?

Thankfully I don't think it a super critical measurement and my bohunk machinist "skills" should allow me to pop a semi-straight hole in roughly the right spot.

I DO at least own a drill press and a level.

This thing has been hither and yon to get engraved and then get reprofiled and then to get anodized and then to get the stock installed and just when I THOUGHT it was going to be "done (sans SBR stamp) NOW I find the missing hole!

What a long strange trip it's been!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:44:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Looks like about 98%.
View Quote
99%! One tiny fricken hole away!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#7]
A few years go I purchased a couple lowers from Anderson and they were missing that hole. The story they gave me was that when they sent the ATF a sample of their 80% to get approved to sell them it was missing that hole so they had to sell all their lowers that way because that is what was approved. I think it was BS but here is the info you need.

Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:04:53 AM EDT
[#8]
I see it now.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#9]
Looks like there are holes where there shouldn't be, and not a hole where there should be.
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 6:43:19 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
A few years go I purchased a couple lowers from Anderson and they were missing that hole. The story they gave me was that when they sent the ATF a sample of their 80% to get approved to sell them it was missing that hole so they had to sell all their lowers that way because that is what was approved. I think it was BS but here is the info you need.

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/mirion/AR/AR%20Education/AndersonMod_zps0cf997b7.jpg
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg212/mirion/AR/AR%20Education/AndersonMod_zps0cf997b7.jpg
Thank you Sir!

That's the info I needed!

Quoted:
Looks like there are holes where there shouldn't be, and not a hole where there should be.
I have extra holes?
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top