Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 6/23/2018 1:19:06 AM EDT
I'm looking to put an adjustable gas block on a 12.5" carbine (spare parts build). It's just a fun build using spare parts I've got lying around. I'm not looking to get spendy on it, but I also don't want something that's going to work and not need constant readjustments.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:37:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Seekins
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 1:38:37 AM EDT
[#2]
How about an adjustable gas tube instead?
All it takes are pliers to regulate the gas flow
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 2:49:09 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How about an adjustable gas tube instead?
All it takes are pliers to regulate the gas flow
View Quote
There's also an adjustable upper, an adjustable gas key, and an adjustable bolt carrier.  Next someone will be selling adjustable cartridge cases.
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 4:34:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/23/2018 6:44:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Superlative arms are good
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 10:48:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Seekins
View Quote
I have a Seekins on a 12.5" 5.56 upper and when screwed all the way in it still cycles she shooting suppressed.  This is with whatever weight buffer the LWRC ultra compact stock comes with and a regular carbine spring.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:13:11 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 11:31:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Anyone try one of the cheaper ones like joebob sells?

https://www.joeboboutfitters.com/JBO-ADJUSTABLE-Low-Profile-Gas-Block-750-Black-p/jb-adjustablegasblock-750.htm
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 8:44:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Don't forget the.... M1 Garand Adjustable Gas Plug and , the M1A Adjustable Gas Plug... Or the FN FAL adjustable gas... Lol

For the OP... why do you want an AGB ? Does the firearm feel overgassed ?

Just asking because, I didn't feel much perceived difference recoil wise in my 3G 18" RLGS LtWt BCG ... etc.. setup.

If you are going suppressed... then have at it.. otherwise you might not see a recoil impulse "reduction" as big as expected.

Just askin'
View Quote
.308AR ... they tend to be gassy. I'm anticipating needing to regulate the gas.
Link Posted: 6/24/2018 8:46:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Wojtek.  Simple and durable.
Link Posted: 6/25/2018 8:23:39 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Wojtek.  Simple and durable.
View Quote
I agree.  Have one on my AR.308 and it has worked great.  Customer service is good as well, as I somehow lost the original locking nut for the gas block and Wojtek sent my 3 free ones when I had inquired about buying a couple replacements.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top