Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 1/19/2021 12:02:08 AM EDT
I have a Gisselle SD3G trigger for my carbine and really love it. For a bullseye/hole puncher/precision type of setup, which 2-stage trigger do you prefer?
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:08:56 AM EDT
[#1]
SDE
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:12:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Mucho happy with my MBT flat bow.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:21:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

This. I just got mine in a few days ago. I can’t believe that this quality of a trigger is $90 out the door.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:23:11 AM EDT
[#4]
Depends on what your use-case is. I like TriggerTech Diamond for precision and it can be adjusted to super light pull or heavier pull. The adjustments have detents so no loctite is required. Cleanest break of any trigger I've ever used, however it has a very very very chill reset. Tactile, but not super "forward". Think of a mouse click.  Hard to explain. My MBT2s is pretty good if you don't want to dish out the money for a TriggerTech. For 2-stage, this would be my second option. I put a yellow JP spring in the 2s and it reduces the weight to 2.5ish lbs.

Overall, TriggerTech has the best trigger I've ever used. I have a CMC, Elftmann 3g, Geissele SD3G, POF 4.5, Hyperfire PDI, and a few others.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#5]
I've got an SD-E and a MBT-2S for my two stages.  I like them both but it's hard to pass on an MBT-2S for the price.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 1:13:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

Same
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 10:43:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I just ordered the MBT 2S flat trigger. Thanks for the recommendations!
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 12:28:00 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Depends on what your use-case is. I like TriggerTech Diamond for precision and it can be adjusted to super light pull or heavier pull. The adjustments have detents so no loctite is required. Cleanest break of any trigger I've ever used, however it has a very very very chill reset. Tactile, but not super "forward". Think of a mouse click.  Hard to explain. My MBT2s is pretty good if you don't want to dish out the money for a TriggerTech. For 2-stage, this would be my second option. I put a yellow JP spring in the 2s and it reduces the weight to 2.5ish lbs.

Overall, TriggerTech has the best trigger I've ever used. I have a CMC, Elftmann 3g, Geissele SD3G, POF 4.5, Hyperfire PDI, and a few others.
View Quote

Any concerns with using this on an HD rifle? I have one but have yet to install it. Since it's a bit more complex than a GI trigger, I'm worried it would be more prone to issues when dirty.
Link Posted: 1/19/2021 2:11:03 PM EDT
[#9]
I have the MBT-2S flat bow, Giessele SD-C and TRI-CON trigger. All are flat bow with the exception of the TRI-CON which is a "hybrid" according to Giessele. In practical application I feel very little difference between the 3. I don't spend a bunch of time or devote a bunch of thought towards what my finger feels like on the trigger but I do notice the feel of the trigger when I'm actually using it. With all that I can highly recommended the MBT-2S because of the price, quality and function. At less than half the retail price of a comparable G trigger the minor difference in the feel of the trigger as you pull through may not be worth the extra money to you. I have all these because I wanted to see for myself what differences there were between them and I can honestly tell you they all function as they should and do so very well. The Larue probably required a little bit more break-in from brand new. It felt a little coarse to begin with but after a few hundred rounds during my first range trip it smoothed out. I use a dab of Aeroshell grease on all my triggers when new and occasionally after that. I absolutely love the Giesseles but I won't be replacing the Larue any time soon. Hope this is helpful.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top