Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2020 6:27:01 PM EDT
Is this hole for a quick disconnect of some sort?  I'm in the market for a sling and mounts next, so this would be a great place for me to mount if it is!  Yall have any recommendations for a good sling?  Only one I've ever used is the military issue one in the Army.  
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:41:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes, that is a QD socket, I guess for a lot of stuff potentially but I've only seen sling mounts that use them.

Depending on which stock you have you can get an end plate w/ QD socket, the actual stock could have QD sockets, or you can replace the standard mil-style loop on an A2 with a push button/QD adapter - https://www.midsouthshooterssupply.com/item/00114gthm255/limited-rotation-push-button-ar-swivel-base
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:49:04 PM EDT
[#2]
Ruger FSB.

QD socket.

Link Posted: 11/8/2020 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Don't scrimp on the push button attachment , cheap ones come apart and let your shit crash.
Don't buy China Amazon/Ebay.
There's a reason they're $3 shipped.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replies!  I'll gonna look around for some quality QD sling mounts.  Not even sure where to mount on my stock though.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:15:37 PM EDT
[#5]
My stock.  Any recommendations on how rear sling attachment mounts?  
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
You can get a different end plate that has a QD socket on it, or you can loop a sling through the various slots on the stock, or you could drill and epoxy in a QD socket.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 8:37:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You can get a different end plate that has a QD socket on it, or you can loop a sling through the various slots on the stock, or you could drill and epoxy in a QD socket.
View Quote

I think I'm gonna ditch this stock for something more solid.  This one's kinda wobbly.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:18:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think I'm gonna ditch this stock for something more solid.  This one's kinda wobbly.
View Quote

CTR is an upgrade to what you have, with a friction lock to eliminate wobble and an ambi QD socket.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 9:38:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

CTR is an upgrade to what you have, with a friction lock to eliminate wobble and an ambi QD socket.
View Quote

Excellent, thank you!
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:01:02 PM EDT
[#10]
If you use that Front Sight Base [FSB] QD point, be aware of how it's placed and how you plan to use a sling. Looking at it, it appears to be on the bottom of the FSB. SO, every time you use that attachment point, the sling will attempt to rotate so that that attachment point is toward your body. That means the rifle will be trying to turn the bottom side up all the time. Compare that to a side mount QD attachment point, that will keep the respective attaching side toward your body. For me, having the side of the rifle facing my body allows easier carry and recovery of the rifle to a shooting position from a slung position, especially with a magazine hanging out of the bottom.
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 10:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you use that Front Sight Base [FSB] QD point, be aware of how it's placed and how you plan to use a sling. Looking at it, it appears to be on the bottom of the FSB. SO, every time you use that attachment point, the sling will attempt to rotate so that that attachment point is toward your body. That means the rifle will be trying to turn the bottom side up all the time. Compare that to a side mount QD attachment point, that will keep the respective attaching side toward your body. For me, having the side of the rifle facing my body allows easier carry and recovery of the rifle to a shooting position from a slung position, especially with a magazine hanging out of the bottom.
View Quote

Thank for this.  Exactly the kind of information I am seeking!

How about some pics of some of yall's sling attachment setups?  Or is there a thread for that?
Link Posted: 11/8/2020 11:07:16 PM EDT
[#12]
FYI those slots in the stock are for the sling to loop through if you're just going to carry it.

Link Posted: 11/9/2020 9:25:05 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
FYI those slots in the stock are for the sling to loop through if you're just going to carry it.

View Quote

Thanks hotdog!
Link Posted: 12/6/2020 2:53:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Out of the box is the Magpul CTR's cup ready for a QD swivel without anything else

Link Posted: 12/6/2020 3:43:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote

Check out the Rogers.  It has QD, and a cam lock the tightens the wobble out.
Link Posted: 12/7/2020 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Sling mount on the bottom of the barrel is awkward and doesn’t work well when slung.  

I use the same MOE stock and either a side swivel or a fixed loop on the rail.  

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 9:18:09 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sling mount on the bottom of the barrel is awkward and doesn’t work well when slung.  

I use the same MOE stock and either a side swivel or a fixed loop on the rail.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/278546/16811C8C-83F8-4A42-8B8A-61B58E56DD42-1556503.jpg
View Quote

@samuse Which side swivel are you using?
Thank you
Link Posted: 12/12/2020 11:58:49 AM EDT
[#18]
@SGnAZ

Blue Force Gear rail mounted fixed loop on rails.  Colt side swivel with slick handguards.

https://www.blueforcegear.com/rail-mounted-fixed-loop.html

http://www.specializedarmament.com/

Link Posted: 12/12/2020 12:29:13 PM EDT
[#19]
Thanks.I appreciate that
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top