Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/4/2019 6:50:52 PM EDT
I ordered a set from Stag a few months ago.  I recently spoke with a rep from there and they are back ordered indefinitely.  So I checked around and it seems they are out of stock everywhere.  Anyone know what's going on?
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 6:53:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Stag is going to be backed up for awhile. Go find alternatives. A Google search for "ar15 left handed" turned up plenty of good alternatives.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 7:14:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Coud try a DDC Hard Charger as well, if you just want left + rear non-reciprocating charging, vs left ejection.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:42:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stag is going to be backed up for awhile. Go find alternatives. A Google search for "ar15 left handed" turned up plenty of good alternatives.
View Quote
The alternatives are out of stock.
Link Posted: 2/4/2019 8:43:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Coud try a DDC Hard Charger as well, if you just want left + rear non-reciprocating charging, vs left ejection.
View Quote
Thanks, but it needs to be left eject.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 2:52:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm a lefty and don't think that lefty uppers are worth it, with the special parts needed.

I think its an advantage to be able to see the ejection port easier when clearing malfunctions. Some ambi parts from FCD and a G charging handle, selector of your choice, and my rifles are all G2G for lefty shooting.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 4:14:42 PM EDT
[#6]
I don't see anything about OOS but then I don't see a lot of things. https://www.rockriverarms.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=category.display&category_ID=1832

RRA shows a lefty bcg but the link is dead. Toolcraft shows they carry / make lefty BCGs. https://www.toolcraftinc.com/products/
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 4:16:16 PM EDT
[#7]
You could try F1 firearms if you want a light weight upper receiver. CMT use to make a left hand upper receiver.

If you really want a Stag I have a NiB BCG and upper receiver from Stag I could be convinced to part with.
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:32:13 PM EDT
[#8]
The Red X stuff is GTG. I use a Red X receiver and BCG on my 0.60moa competition rifle.

http://www.redxarms.com/category-s/1878.htm
Link Posted: 2/5/2019 5:36:28 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm a lefty and don't think that lefty uppers are worth it, with the special parts needed.
View Quote
I was in this camp until I started shooting with optics in high power competition. With your right arm in the sling it’s very hard to reach the ejection port with your left hand when you have to go over a scope.  Right hand receivers also suck when shooting a suppressor. But I agree, if shooting unsuppressed with irons or RDS I’m perfectly happy with a RH eject.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 8:16:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Looks like got mine just in time 1 stag LH upper receiver and 1 stag LH bolt carrier around BLack Friday.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 9:38:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I was in this camp until I started shooting with optics in high power competition. With your right arm in the sling it’s very hard to reach the ejection port with your left hand when you have to go over a scope.  Right hand receivers also suck when shooting a suppressor. But I agree, if shooting unsuppressed with irons or RDS I’m perfectly happy with a RH eject.
View Quote
I shoot all my rifle suppressed all the time and its not a problem.

Why would you need to reach the ejection port with your left hand? I don't shoot high power competions, nor shoot with my arm wrapped around the sling, so thats never been a situation I've been in.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:31:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Why would you need to reach the ejection port with your left hand? I don't shoot high power competions, nor shoot with my arm wrapped around the sling, so thats never been a situation I've been in.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same.

I'd argue the bone stock config is more ergonomic to lefties.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 12:56:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Never mind.
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 2:04:22 PM EDT
[#14]
I'm a lefty that's shot nothing but traditional "right hand" AR's for many years. All of them suppressed these days, even the little 7.5" pistol builds. I have no issue with them.

Embrace the situation
Link Posted: 2/10/2019 11:44:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Thanks for the leads.  Looks like RRA would be the way to go.
I have a friend who is left-handed, but also never had a problem with the right-eject rifles.  He admits, though, that he never fired a left-eject rifle.
I'm trying to help a relatively new shooter with their first build.  I guess if one is used to right-eject, then it wouldn't make a difference, but I wonder if "starting" with a left-eject would make later adjustment to right-eject rifles more difficult?
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 1:20:25 PM EDT
[#16]
Not really much of an adjustment for non-battlefield conditions (bolt/mag catch, selector, ch, etc). Admittedly or not, most people have some degree of cant with a shoulder-fired weapon and that can really show when going from one side to the other. Not a biggie at all for it's quickly compensated for. They'll be fine either way. Repetitions w/ some range time.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I am left eye dominate so I shoot a rifles lefty. My 1st  Ar was a lefty stag. I have since built 5 more all right handed with ambi controls. The lefty upper and BCG has just been taking up room in the safe since.
Link Posted: 2/11/2019 7:16:53 PM EDT
[#18]
I used to be Rt. handed/RT.eye dominant, had an issue with my Rt. eye that req. laser surgery, so now I shoot rifles Lt. handed due to now being Lt. eye dominant.  My AR's are all righties, I just installed  Phase5Tacticle ambi. bolt releases (like the B.A.D. levers) on all of them and I'm G2G. Using my Rt. hand to operate the mag. release and CH has worked out just fine. I do not shoot any run & gun comps., mainly bench/prone/off-hand shooting. Mac
ETA: Forgot to mention that my AR's are also equipped with ambi. selectors and CH's. I also run my guns "damp" not "wet", due to the fact that I really hate oil splatter on my glasses.
Link Posted: 2/15/2019 12:30:36 AM EDT
[#19]
I'll suggest a righty with ambi controls.
Thanks again, guys.
Link Posted: 2/16/2019 2:55:28 AM EDT
[#20]
Huh... first post for this?

Brownells has the lefty uppers in stock... (https://www.brownells.com/rifle-parts/receiver-parts/receivers/upper-receivers/ar-15-a3-upper-receiver-assembly-5-56mm-left-hand-prod113495.aspx)

Cryptic Coatings has some awesome BCGs... in stock; just gotta chase those 3 drop down menus).... (https://www.crypticcoatings.com/coated-bolt-carrier-group/)

At least that is the consistent lefty *upper* parts of all of my builds minus my 6.5G upper...

HTH,
Austin
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:35:55 AM EDT
[#21]
I know what you mean, I bought a Stag lower on Black Friday and it took 2 months to get here. I am a lefty and shot the right hand M16A2 in the Marine Corps. It is a much better set-up running a left eject. I'm not a completion shooter, just bench and deer. I love the lefty option. Brownell's is where I purchased my Stag uppers and BCGs. Everywhere else seems to be back-ordered all of the time. Cryptic Coatings makes the BCGs but they are expensive. Good luck searching but I would wait for them before I bought another righty. Just my 2 cents...
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 2:46:28 AM EDT
[#22]
JSE Surplus has one LH Stag upper and I just got a Black Rain Ordnance LH NiB BCG from Optics Planet in less than one week and they have B.R.O. LH uppers in stock
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:36:41 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well when I shoot supressed with RH-eject I don’t enjoy sucking on exhaust fumes. Trust me, there’s a big difference.

OP, sorry for the hijack.

Just to be clear my fighting guns are right-eject carbines/rifles/pistols. I have a LH-eject suppressor toy and my competition service rifle. In High Power competition you need to reach the ejection port with your left hand because you are required to shoot the slow-fire stages single-loading each shot. Your right arm (when shooting left handed) is in a sling, and it isn’t practical to get out of the sling between shots. You have to load with your left hand through the ejection port because rules.

Here’s a video of a guy doing the 600 yard stage. Now image him shooting left handed and having to reach over the top of the rifle to load through the ejection port on the far side. If that’s not bad enough imagine it with a scope.

Garey Diefenderfer - Camp Perry 2014
Link Posted: 2/17/2019 3:59:59 AM EDT
[#24]
People stopped feeding the animals and the went away
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Well when I shoot supressed with RH-eject I don’t enjoy sucking on exhaust fumes. Trust me, there’s a big difference.

Just to be clear my fighting guns are right-eject carbines/rifles/pistols. I have a LH-eject suppressor toy and my competition service rifle. In High Power competition you need to reach the ejection port with your left hand because you are required to shoot the slow-fire stages single-loading each shot. Your right arm (when shooting left handed) is in a sling, and it isn’t practical to get out of the sling between shots. You have to load with your left hand through the ejection port because rules.

Here’s a video of a guy doing the 600 yard stage. Now image him shooting left handed and having to reach over the top of the rifle to load through the ejection port on the far side. If that’s not bad enough imagine it with a scope.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMU6alUYQ8
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8TMU6alUYQ8
Also you have to always be put in chamber flags in and out all the time.

Shooting with your arm wrapped up in a sling also made me appreciate ambidextrous magazine release, before that I never had any use for it  as I would just hit the button with My right thumb while holding the magazine
Link Posted: 2/22/2019 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#26]
Even shooting 22 caliber I mean 223 with a 30 caliber suppressor and I Hannah volume I find that the blowback coming out of the ejection port is very obnoxious but it is really bad when shooting at 308 since there is more back pressure with a 30 caliber can.
Page AR-15 » AR Discussions
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top