Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2018 2:58:37 AM EDT
I have been browsing around and looking for recommendations on which BCG to use with my 6.5 Build. Most people tell me to run the JL Low mass unit and some tell me to run the AERO. So far the build will run Aero upper and lowers with a Dracos 22" barrel.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 6:34:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Most will advise a JP HP bolt.  Good advice.  I have yet to switch mine though. The Aero's are supposed to have a smaller firing pin hole.

The adjustable gas block addressed any issues I had, but I think the Silent Capture Spring also may have helped.  It is standard weight.  About 300 rounds shot and I had two pierced primers and feed issues. Slightly loose gas key,  then adjusted the GB down and all has been running flawless. I recently bought a Toolcraft for my latest large frame build project,  we'll see how it works out. Good finish and workmanship,  so I'm happy so far.  Price was really good too.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 10:55:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Rubber City Armory (RCA) is another recommended a lot for their HP Bolt.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 3:25:32 PM EDT
[#3]
JP VMOS allows for no adjustment use of a suppressor or not.
Link Posted: 2/13/2018 8:13:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I have been browsing around and looking for recommendations on which BCG to use with my 6.5 Build. Most people tell me to run the JL Low mass unit and some tell me to run the AERO. So far the build will run Aero upper and lowers with a Dracos 22" barrel.
View Quote
I don't think the low mass unit would be a good idea? Who is telling you to do that on a 6.5 Creedmoor?

I would recommend the JP HP bolt, but you could always try an Aero and buy the HP bolt later, its not terribly expensive. The Dracos has an extended gas system it looks like so thats a good start.

I used a Toolcraft BCG and ended up needing to use a JP HP bolt.
Link Posted: 2/14/2018 10:49:46 PM EDT
[#5]
tool craft BCG and JP HP bolt
Link Posted: 2/16/2018 5:27:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Do not use a low mass bolt carrier with the large chassis .264. Stay with a standard weight carrier.

I have great luck with the JP HP bolt and .062" pin. The Aero bolt and its .070" pin generally works well with factory ammo. I have also bushed many DPMS bolt and ground their pins to .062" with great result.

I personally have not had success with the JP SCS for the large chassis.

I agree with the +2" extended gas on the Dracos barrel.
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top