Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2021 9:18:14 AM EDT
These were with a bunch of stuff brought in to be sold at my LGS the other day. Any ideas? They were in a damaged box with pictured markings. Box not necessarily original to the handguards. Searching NSN 1005 00 914 4578 brings up "Buffer Assembly? Thanks.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:26:25 AM EDT
[#1]
Lone Star Ordnance!
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 9:42:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I'll let the owner know. Apparently the box is original to them with a fake NSN.
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 11:01:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I’ve got a set of those. I was thinking they were issue hand guards with the contract number and all on the box. Is the number fake? Or did the military actually order these up?
Link Posted: 5/14/2021 12:28:26 PM EDT
[#4]
The USMC Reserve unit I was in often went to Camp Dawson, WV for drill. I was in their armory a few times and remember most of their M16A1s had a mix of actual A2 and Lone Star handguards on them. They also had a bunch of M3 Grease Guns. This would have been 90-92 time period.
Link Posted: 5/15/2021 7:09:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the replies.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top