Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/27/2021 11:18:57 PM EDT
Thought I’d order a set of carbine length triangle hand guards , to see what they look like, in a recent Fulton armory order. They look good, makes me wanna build a retro carbine. Maybe not 607, but something looking like a short A1.
I have an extra receiver, and a short entry stock, that looks just like a type D stock. Maybe one of those “what if” type builds. Attachment Attached File

Oh and I got some teardrop FA’s as well, and for $13 Each, they look really good, dark grey, not that cheap looking modern black you see on a lot of parts nowadays.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/27/2021 11:22:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've got an xm177 clone I'd like to put those on.
Link Posted: 4/28/2021 3:06:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Since the only part I’d really have to order would be a barrel, i will probably build this. I’m thinking 14-1/2” barrel with a pinned/welded flash hider to 16”. Unless, i can get my hands on one of those retro pistol blades, then I’m thinking 10-1/2” barrel. Machined down to a pencil profile of course.
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 1:10:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is one of mine I did with the triangular carbine hand guards and an entry stock.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/29/2021 4:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Here is one of mine I did with the triangular carbine hand guards and an entry stock.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/164962/D32AF876-F702-4EB6-84C2-272C29984FDE_jpe-1923385.JPG
View Quote

That’s the look I’m going for!
I just have to decide what length barrel. I prefer to not have Uncle Sam Involved, so I’ll probably stick with the 14.5” barrel with a welded on flash hider. But I really like the looks of yours! Of course mine will have an A1 upper and lower.
Link Posted: 4/30/2021 7:47:16 PM EDT
[#5]
The tricky part is the triangle front handguard cap on a barrel with carbine-length gas.  

But yeah, I'm obviously a fan:

Link Posted: 5/1/2021 12:12:11 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The tricky part is the triangle front handguard cap on a barrel with carbine-length gas.  
View Quote
What's tricky that I need to know?  I'll be doing this soon myself.  Tips?
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 2:12:08 AM EDT
[#7]
I’m curious too. Are you talking tricky building one? Or finding a barrel with one already in place?

By the way, nice upper!
Link Posted: 5/1/2021 10:40:05 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’m curious too. Are you talking tricky building one? Or finding a barrel with one already in place?

By the way, nice upper!
View Quote

A barrel with a removable muzzle device you just knock out the FSP pins, slide it off and swap the cap for a triangle one. Make sure you knock out pins the right way if they are tapered and you get the right barrel diameter end cap.
If you have a pined/welded muzzle device it can be a pain. You have to remove it first.
If you are starting with a naked/no FSP barrel then no worries.
John Thomas/Retro Arms Works is the man if you need some work done!

Pic of the one I did. .750 barrel p/w to over 16".
It's a .22!
Attachment Attached File
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top