Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 3/8/2022 9:05:07 PM EDT
I’m new to forums so bear with me...

I wanted some input on the Warcomp for a 16” AR10.  I have a Ti brake and recently picked up a Breek Arms flash hider, but I was interested in the Warcomp as an intermediary between a brake and flash hider.  Is it worth it?  It is my understanding from a functional perspective that it won’t help with recoil but the porting keeps it flat.  Just looking for any real world info on large caliber AR’s.  

Thanks in advance!
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 7:07:42 AM EDT
[#1]
I love the warcomp in 5.56 and 7.62.  But I also use Surefire suppressors.  If you are not going to run a Surefire can, there are lots of similar options out there to also consider.

But if you are going to run a Surefire can sometimes, the Warcomp is awesome when you are not running the can.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 11:46:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Sounds about right, thanks for the feedback.
Link Posted: 3/7/2022 9:50:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I have one on my 7.62x39 upper and I think it works just fine. I think the Warcomp is the best flash hider/compensator combo out there.
Link Posted: 3/8/2022 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Topic Moved
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 12:14:24 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks to those who chimed in, although there is a lot of information on the warcomp 5.56 there doesn’t appear to be as much info for the 7.62 version.

I have decided to give it a shot being that surefire cans are very much in the future.  Hopefully is will achieve the desired performance.
Link Posted: 3/9/2022 9:03:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks to those who chimed in, although there is a lot of information on the warcomp 5.56 there doesn’t appear to be as much info for the 7.62 version.

I have decided to give it a shot being that surefire cans are very much in the future.  Hopefully is will achieve the desired performance.
View Quote

I have a 7.62 Warcomp on a 16" barrel and like it a lot. I've had it to indoor
range few times and I'm very happy with it's performance indoors.

Apply what you read about the 5.56 Warcomp to 7.62 Warcomp.
I cannot tell the difference. All my built guns except one
have Surefire Warcomps in both 5.56 and about to finish up the second 7.62.

It's one of the top rated FH's.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 5:37:30 PM EDT
[#7]
I wish they'd make a closed tine 308 Warcomp
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 1:29:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Yeah... I just got the Warcomp and it looks terrible.  The machining and chatter marks is bad, prongs are all dinged up, DLC is uneven.  Surefire has really been sucking lately (had to send 3 lights back).  Not exactly the tier one brand they claim to be.  For all their automation and QC checks, you’d expect better.  I have $40 FH that look better than this.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 11:52:31 AM EDT
[#9]
The Precision Armament EFAB is arguably the best brake/comp/flash currently on the market.
I have a couple of their 7.62 versions on ARs and am very happy with them, except for the cost.

EFAB
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 12:46:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The Precision Armament EFAB is arguably the best brake/comp/flash currently on the market.
I have a couple of their 7.62 versions on ARs and am very happy with them, except for the cost.

EFAB
View Quote

I've heard that the Battlecomp BABC is arguably just as good as.

I have no experience with either but the owner of Battlecomp has invited me to see for myself and buy later if happy. I wouldn't mind trying both the BABC & EFAB though, just to see for myself really.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah... I just got the Warcomp and it looks terrible.  The machining and chatter marks is bad, prongs are all dinged up, DLC is uneven.  Surefire has really been sucking lately (had to send 3 lights back).  Not exactly the tier one brand they claim to be.  For all their automation and QC checks, you’d expect better.  I have $40 FH that look better than this.
View Quote

That’s disappointing. Can you post some pictures?
Page AR-15 » AR Variants
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top