BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/5/2023 7:35:28 PM EDT
Fyi
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:41:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Which scope is that? The 1-10 that’s being used with the Knights KS1?
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 7:46:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Which scope is that? The 1-10 that’s being used with the Knights KS1?
View Quote

I believe that's a 1-8. Maybe I'm wrong though
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Price is getting into S&B territory.

Hope it's that good or better.

Am interested though.
Link Posted: 11/5/2023 8:09:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Price is getting into S&B territory.

Hope it's that good or better.

Am interested though.
View Quote

It'll be interesting to see if vortex overcame the limitations of a compact scope body. If not, this things DoF (or whatever it's called these days) is going to be atrocious with a 10x erector set
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 9:57:28 AM EDT
[#5]
Yeah umm Euro scrapped that page quick!!
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody screenshot the page?
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 6:29:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Anybody screenshot the page?
View Quote

Tldr
No picture
$4000
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#8]
How is it better than the S&B?  Is it dual focal plane? What reticle?
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 7:52:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

We're not going to know until someone has one of these in hand and can compare both of them. I imagine it's probably going to be quite a long wait for that.
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 8:24:27 PM EDT
[#10]
is was 24mm lens so 30mm 1-10? sounds terrible
Link Posted: 11/6/2023 8:33:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Tldr
No picture
$4000
View Quote

????
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:31:33 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote
i believe the msrp was $5999
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 3:39:20 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote

Being a 24mm objective with a compact 10x erector... looking through it is probably like getting high without having to buy/take drugs?  That's about the only advantage I can think of.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:02:44 AM EDT
[#14]
Its going to be okay 1-8, but the last 2 are going to suck. In short,  this will be a cool kid cloner optic while everyone else opts for the Vudu 1-10 or Nightforce 1-8 siblings.

MSRP was shown as $5999, and discounted to $3999. I am betting this thing costs well under $2k to take from raw to boxed product, if I had to guess.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 10:59:28 AM EDT
[#15]
I want this but not for $6K. My Elcan 1.5-6x is gud enuf.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 1:06:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Based on the price of this, Vortex will want $75000 for that NGSW optic.  

If they ever release a civ version that is.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:44:03 PM EDT
[#17]
the march 1-10 shorty is 30mm, but it also has parallax adjustment which i doubt the vortex will. it also has a larger objective than the vortex. and it's $1000 less.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 2:51:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
the march 1-10 shorty is 30mm, but it also has parallax adjustment which i doubt the vortex will. it also has a larger objective than the vortex. and it's $1000 less.
View Quote

False-gen 1 is 30/33mm. Gen 2 is straight 34mm
True
False. Both generations use a 24mm obj lens
True
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:14:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

True
True
View Quote

the tube is 30mm, the bell is 33mm. however, i assumed that because they went with the 33mm bell, it would have a larger objective than what could be achieved with a straight 30mm tube. seeing as that's not the case, why did they give it a 33mm bell?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 4:32:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

the tube is 30mm, the bell is 33mm. however, i assumed that because they went with the 33mm bell, it would have a larger objective than what could be achieved with a straight 30mm tube. seeing as that's not the case, why did they give it a 33mm bell?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

True
True

IIRC it had to do with creating a stronger bell for the compact body. It allowed them the shave off about 2oz over a 34mm tube, which Ironically enough, is about the amount of weight the proprietary mount increased over say, the badger mount
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 6:09:28 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

IIRC it had to do with creating a stronger bell for the compact body. It allowed them the shave off about 2oz over a 34mm tube, which Ironically enough, is about the amount of weight the proprietary mount increased over say, the badger mount
View Quote

so it's supposed to be 34mm with a 24mm objective? that sounded odd so i looked to see what the vortex 1-10 was. it's also 24mm in a 34mm tube. same with the ATACR 1-8. so then i checked the strike eagle. it's 24mm in a 30mm tube. i thought the whole point of 34mm was you got bigger glass? why are they using the same objective lenses regardless of tube diameter?
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 7:01:52 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

so it's supposed to be 34mm with a 24mm objective? that sounded odd so i looked to see what the vortex 1-10 was. it's also 24mm in a 34mm tube. same with the ATACR 1-8. so then i checked the strike eagle. it's 24mm in a 30mm tube. i thought the whole point of 34mm was you got bigger glass? why are they using the same objective lenses regardless of tube diameter?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There are a few that use a 28mm obj lens.

From what I understand the larger tube allows for more internally space for the internal things that make the scope function like internal lens' and whatnot. More advanced internals in theory means better performing optic
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:34:47 PM EDT
[#23]
From talking to people who have seen this scope, they say it is better than the current 1-10. I fully intent on getting one as soon as they are available.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:37:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#25]
I got this off waybackmachine.  Not sure if there was pics when OP saw it.

Link Posted: 11/7/2023 8:49:57 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
that link is dead, do you have a cached pic related to it
View Quote

There was no picture
6000 marked down to 4000
It's most likely the same scope that was a part of the new contract knights won.
Link Posted: 11/7/2023 9:43:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Someone could just email Vortex and ask
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 9:52:26 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Someone could just email Vortex and ask
View Quote

Tried going direct, still no response.
Link Posted: 11/8/2023 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#29]
I called them and they said no retail version yet, unknown pricing.
Link Posted: 11/9/2023 9:23:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View Quote

Should be no such thing as a retail version!!  Fuck these companies and their anti-civilian games................Here's looking at you Leupold, Nightforce and now Vortex! An optic is an optic nothing more nothing shouldn't be haves and have nots.
Link Posted: 11/10/2023 1:37:53 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Should be no such thing as a retail version!!  Fuck these companies and their anti-civilian games................Here's looking at you Leupold, Nightforce and now Vortex! An optic is an optic nothing more nothing shouldn't be haves and have nots.
View Quote

they're prioritizing people who actually need their optics for combat
Link Posted: 11/11/2023 5:55:00 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It may have nothing to do with them being wanting or willing to sell to the civilian market.  Could just be they don’t have the production capacity to support additional sales at this point.

Would you feel better if it was listed for sale on EuroOptic or OP and it just sat out of stock for the next 2 years?

Could also just be they don’t want to deal with additional SKUs for the civilian market for what may be a low volume seller.  Take a look at NF, they’re now offering FDE scopes after they figured out it was a desirable option in the civilian market.
Link Posted: 12/21/2023 5:52:44 PM EDT
[#34]
That optic does not look like the same finish as the UK contract ones.
Link Posted: 12/22/2023 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#35]
In to see what the heck is going on with this thing.
Link Posted: 12/25/2023 4:33:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
That optic does not look like the same finish as the UK contract ones.
View Quote

Not the same finish but it's the same Optic so we should be getting our hands on these and the mounts probably after Shot Show next year....................I HOPE

Also I really hope Hoody2Shoes or someone gets a chance to get behind this thing and tell us how the eye relief is and the reticle/clarity since it's the only competitor to March's Super Shorty..........................I'm loving the size just hope it performs like a Gen 2 Razor
Link Posted: 12/26/2023 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#37]
I'm sure there's some magic going on but 10x top end with a 30mm, compact body is a tough nut to crack. I have to imagine the top end is going to be super tight like the old (yet glorious) NF x24 scopes.

I think this is cool but will live vicariously through yall on this one My Kahles gives me all the top end magnification I could realistically want on a 5.56 gun with a 1x bottom end.
Link Posted: 12/28/2023 1:59:42 PM EDT
[#38]
Why wouldn't they stick with 28mm which they were already doing? That would probably make it longer to keep the flatter depth of field. March goes short but adds parallax to fix that problem.

Wiki background
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 4:18:54 PM EDT
[#39]
I know I'm one of the few, but I really hope that this is eventually released with a BDC reticle like the Razor Gen III, but maybe with thicker, bolder outer crosshairs like the NX8. That would be my dream optic.

Any word of a BDC option on the release model?
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top