Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2021 8:22:18 PM EDT
Anyone try these yet? 9oz, 10oz, and 11oz 5X with a Viper on top is pretty unique compared to what else is currently on the market, never mind the price $400 and $450. Only cons that stood out on paper is 1MOA adjustment and chineeeezee

Link Posted: 5/4/2021 11:23:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Got the 3x version today and compared it to my Gen 1 Spitfire 3x.

Pros:
- Light weight for a 3x prism scope
- Good glass
- 12 illumination settings, including a couple of NV.  The Gen 1 was only 5 settings, none NV

Cons:
- No more green reticle option, only red illumination
- The ranging “ladder” is very small and hard to see.  The horizontal hash marks are very short, and each has a tiny dot that is difficult to pick up.  This is probably my biggest gripe.
- The illumination is only for the horseshoe-dot, whereas the Gen 1 included the ranging “ladder”.  In low light, or in a situation where you can’t really see the ladder against the background, you’re limited to the CQB part of the reticle.
- No QD mount.  Although the mount interface appears to be a standard T1/H1 pattern, the height of the removable mount part itself is shorter than a standard T1/H1 mount.  This is because there is a raised pad machined to the underside of the scope body, whereas on a T1-type optic, the mount basically attaches to the underside of the tube.  Even if you replace the included mount with an absolute height QD mount made for a T1/H1, the optic will be quite a bit higher than when used with a normal T1/H1 optic.
- Short eye relief of ~ 2.6”, although this isn’t by itself a surprise, but since the overall optic is so short, you have to mount it very much to the rear, and likely have to shorten your stock.

The cons, especially the very small recticle, outweigh the pro in the much reduced weight for me.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 9:34:35 AM EDT
[#2]
I've had the 5x backordered side January. Looks like vortex only shipped to big box stores like dick's.

Debating whether I want to cancel my backorder and find it in stock somewhere or just cancel
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top