Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 8/14/2018 11:33:54 AM EDT
How are these holding up? I know the Holosun's were kinda junky and the bolt had a tendency to crack.

Is the mounting hardware on your Sparc ARs/Crossfires going strong? I seen a torture test on the Sparc AR and I was impressed.

Reason is I wanted to put a Holosun on a low mount for a mossberg shockwave, but I don't trust the mount. I found a vortex crossfire mount on ebay for $10.
Saved me some money buying a legit aimpoint brand mount. I wasn't looking for QD or anything fancy.

The Vortex Mount appears to be much higher quality than whatever Holosun is shipping their optics with. I'm happy with it over all.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#1]
My Sparc AR and Crossfire both are doing well.

My Sparc AR is on a dedicated 22 upper and the Crossfire is on my M11/9.

The Crossfire shipped from the factory with the AR high rise mount and I needed to remove it for the low mount. The screws were loose from the factory so guys buying these new make sure the mount to sight screws are properly tightened.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 3:51:43 PM EDT
[#2]
My Sparc AR was doing great until I tried to remove it. No bueno. The factory applied threadlocker on the crossbolt did its job too well and even with a quality snapon torx driver I stripped the head of the bolt. That wouldn't have been such an issue if it had broken loose in the process. End result I had to drill it out and get a new bolt from Vortex. If you don't ever plan to remove it you should have no worries. Outside of that it has been flawless and I don't baby my equipment either.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:03:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My Sparc AR was doing great until I tried to remove it. No bueno. The factory applied threadlocker on the crossbolt did its job too well and even with a quality snapon torx driver I stripped the head of the bolt. That wouldn't have been such an issue if it had broken loose in the process. End result I had to drill it out and get a new bolt from Vortex. If you don't ever plan to remove it you should have no worries. Outside of that it has been flawless and I don't baby my equipment either.
View Quote
Thanks, I didn't use the supplied thread locker. I used blue from my own supply. (I owned a crossfire at one point and sold it, awesome red dot. I just wanted longer battery)

Funny thing is.. I was cleaning up my parts drawer/misc items.
Actually I was wondering where the hell a small ziplock of thread locker came from. Looked like it was a small vial of "high strength"

I really hope they aren't providing red loctite with their optics lol.
Link Posted: 8/14/2018 4:31:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine came with the dried drop of blue locktite on the bolt itself and that was all that was used. not sure if their dye process got screwed up or what, but I think it was just short of welded in there.
Link Posted: 8/24/2018 1:44:25 AM EDT
[#5]
Held up just fine on a Mossberg Shockwave. I ran about 50 slugs through it.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top