Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2023 4:36:33 PM EDT
Thinking of adding a VFG bipod combo to my AR.

I see a few of them on the market. I have no experience with any of them. Which should I be considering? Hopefully, they are not all big and bulky.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Metal version Grip Pod. Yeah, leans towards big and bulky, and not cheap, but mine has yet to let me down. Honestly not a huge fan of “combo” gear, and of all my guns, only one has one (coz it’s a beastly EOD Mk18 Mod0 clone), the rest are either/or affairs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
butwhy.gif
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
butwhy.gif
View Quote

Thanks for not being helpful.
I said I have no experience with them hence my post. Good day
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Personal opinion, none of them work very well as a bipod or a VFG.  This means you’re stuck with a heavy, bulky piece of equipment that doesn’t really do anything well.

I’d skip it and spring for individually separated components.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Personal opinion, none of them work very well as a bipod or a VFG.  This means you’re stuck with a heavy, bulky piece of equipment that doesn’t really do anything well.

I’d skip it and spring for individually separated components.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
In my experience bipods work better (more stable & steady) the farther towards the end of the barrel it is installed. Imagine using a 30 round magazine that extends from the magazine well as a bipod. It would be much more unsteady & wobbly in comparison to supporting the rifle at the end of a relatively long handguard. For that reason alone, I wouldn't use a VFG/bipod combo.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one, use it on my m17s so it's not serious equipment but does the job.

I also have a basic bipod(can't remember the brand)and it works better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
In my experience bipods work better (more stable & steady) the farther towards the end of the barrel it is installed. Imagine using a 30 round magazine that extends from the magazine well as a bipod. It would be much more unsteady & wobbly in comparison to supporting the rifle at the end of a relatively long handguard. For that reason alone, I wouldn't use a VFG/bipod combo.
View Quote

Decided against the VFG bipod combo.

However, I have used a 30 round mag as a bipod if you will on 1 of my 16" barrel ARs. Works for punching paper lol. Ideal? No way. :)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top