Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 11/22/2023 4:36:33 PM EDT
Thinking of adding a VFG bipod combo to my AR.

I see a few of them on the market. I have no experience with any of them. Which should I be considering? Hopefully, they are not all big and bulky.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 4:57:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Metal version Grip Pod. Yeah, leans towards big and bulky, and not cheap, but mine has yet to let me down. Honestly not a huge fan of “combo” gear, and of all my guns, only one has one (coz it’s a beastly EOD Mk18 Mod0 clone), the rest are either/or affairs.
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 5:30:16 PM EDT
[#2]
butwhy.gif
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 9:01:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By bluedog82:
butwhy.gif
View Quote

Thanks for not being helpful.
I said I have no experience with them hence my post. Good day
Link Posted: 11/22/2023 10:24:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Personal opinion, none of them work very well as a bipod or a VFG.  This means you’re stuck with a heavy, bulky piece of equipment that doesn’t really do anything well.

I’d skip it and spring for individually separated components.
Link Posted: 11/23/2023 12:24:07 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By WUPHF:
Personal opinion, none of them work very well as a bipod or a VFG.  This means you’re stuck with a heavy, bulky piece of equipment that doesn’t really do anything well.

I’d skip it and spring for individually separated components.
View Quote

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/25/2023 12:45:49 PM EDT
[#6]
In my experience bipods work better (more stable & steady) the farther towards the end of the barrel it is installed. Imagine using a 30 round magazine that extends from the magazine well as a bipod. It would be much more unsteady & wobbly in comparison to supporting the rifle at the end of a relatively long handguard. For that reason alone, I wouldn't use a VFG/bipod combo.
Link Posted: 12/7/2023 5:39:12 PM EDT
[#7]
I have one, use it on my m17s so it's not serious equipment but does the job.

I also have a basic bipod(can't remember the brand)and it works better.
Link Posted: 12/11/2023 6:21:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By ARgonot:
In my experience bipods work better (more stable & steady) the farther towards the end of the barrel it is installed. Imagine using a 30 round magazine that extends from the magazine well as a bipod. It would be much more unsteady & wobbly in comparison to supporting the rifle at the end of a relatively long handguard. For that reason alone, I wouldn't use a VFG/bipod combo.
View Quote

Decided against the VFG bipod combo.

However, I have used a 30 round mag as a bipod if you will on 1 of my 16" barrel ARs. Works for punching paper lol. Ideal? No way. :)
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top