Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/17/2022 3:32:38 PM EDT
Got a used LE issued lower coming this week. It looks good from the pictures but I was wondering if you would replace anything just to be safe. I understand lowers don’t wear out much at all, but wanted some more knowledgeable opinions. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 3:43:20 PM EDT
[#1]
I would upgrade the trigger.  Not because the stock trigger is likely to be worn out, but because aftermarket triggers from Geissele or Larue are so much nicer.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:00:12 PM EDT
[#2]
It's super clean from the ad pics. And properly maintained by the LE armorer according to the seller.

I'd run it as is.

A wise man always keeps spares though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 4:57:03 PM EDT
[#3]
It does look good in the pictures, probably will just run it
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 5:16:00 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd make sure the buffer weight is what you want it to be for whatever upper is going on it.  If the trigger is heavy I'd drop some JP spring in, if its gritty I'd just replace it.  There's no "matter of course" things to replace though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 6:43:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Buffer has a 3 on it. Putting a 14.5 on it
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#6]
If you suspect a high round count, might be worth replacing the buffer spring.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:27:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:29:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:10:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd measure the action spring ("buffer" spring) and replace if too short and probably replace the disconnector spring just because I wouldn't know how old it is and $2 is not a lot of money.
Page AR-15 » Maintenance & Cleaning
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top