Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2021 6:29:45 AM EDT
I have a 40SW upper I bought from a guy in Texas back in the 1990's. It came with what I was told are modified Uzi mags with a "cage" around the top to fit it in a standard AR 2223/5.56 well. I know I mated it with a Colt GC lower back then and it worked I had to get a special pivot pin/screw. Anyway to ID the maker, and if it will fit on an Olympic lower (circa 1993-4)?
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 6:33:33 AM EDT
[#1]
It's probably Olympic.

How many of those mags do you have?
If they are actual 45acp Uzi mags, they're worth well over $100 each.
I bought an old Olympic 40cal gun from Gunbroker. It came with 9 of them!
I sold the expensive mags on Uzitalk then bought a mag block and a ton of Sten mags to run in it.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 3:00:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I have a 40SW upper I bought from a guy in Texas back in the 1990's. It came with what I was told are modified Uzi mags with a "cage" around the top to fit it in a standard AR 2223/5.56 well. I know I mated it with a Colt GC lower back then and it worked I had to get a special pivot pin/screw. Anyway to ID the maker, and if it will fit on an Olympic lower (circa 1993-4)?
View Quote

Post pics....or wait for Rudy/Mad Machinist to chime in....or contact Rudy Macon Armory.

His knowledge of.... and history with  PCC platforms is amazing.
Link Posted: 2/13/2021 9:42:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top