Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/8/2022 5:07:27 PM EDT
Fenix Pistol Light.

I just ran across this light. I've carried an X300 daily for years and transitioned to a Modlite PLH last December.

This has some positive attributes. It's been my experience Fenix performance ratings on lumens/candela can be somewhat optimistic. Their products are dependable, however.

Link Posted: 4/8/2022 7:32:15 PM EDT
[#1]
Interesting
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 8:20:17 PM EDT
[#2]
I preordered one with the 20% off coupon.  Figured I’d give it a shot.
I currently have a TLR-7A on my duty gun so I could cut my holster shorter to fit in the car better.
The Fenix would work since it is still shorter than the full size Glock slide.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 9:39:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Like Olight the turbo is brief then steps down to 350lu before overheating. Hard pass.  

TLR7 with 500lu constant no fumbling with modes is better IMO.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:03:40 PM EDT
[#4]
The TLR-7 isn’t constant either. It’s a smaller light with a smaller battery, it also needs to control heat and light output longevity.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 10:17:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Looks cool but I bet it will be impossible to find a holster for a long time.  For a small carbine I bet this will work great because of how the activation switches are setup.
Link Posted: 4/11/2022 11:13:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Looks eerily similar to the recent generation of Streamlights. Are they working together on it?
Link Posted: 4/12/2022 7:13:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks cool but I bet it will be impossible to find a holster for a long time.  For a small carbine I bet this will work great because of how the activation switches are setup.
View Quote

Safariland WML holsters should fit
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:27:43 PM EDT
[#8]
I like to the ability to change out batteries on my weapon lights.  I am not a fan of built in batteries that need to be charged.
Link Posted: 4/13/2022 7:46:30 PM EDT
[#9]
I always forget about Fenix but I edc a little one on my keys all day every day.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 9:50:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I just got one off the pre-order yesterday. Fenix TK series have been good weapon lights for my long guns and the PD series has been in my pocket and on my duty belts since 09.

It's frankly awesome. I love the high and close switch placement. I have it mounted on my Staccato P and it's perfect. Lock up is very secure and has no snag points. I also tried it on a M&P 2.0 compact and it mounted up nicely. If I can ever figure out how to post pics again I will throw some up.

Very defined and white hot spot compared to the TLR1HL with a more yellowish hue. The fenix also has more spill than the TLR1HL. I took it outside briefly and the throw is very good for a pistol light.

As far as form, it's smaller (both slimmer and shorter) then a TLR1HL. It fits in my safariland holsters and is very secure once I tensioned down the light screw.

I was so impressed I ordered 2 more.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 10:24:40 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:23:45 AM EDT
[#12]
" />

Please forgive the poor quality, they were snapped one handed as my little monster slept. Of the two curtain shots, The first is the TLR1HL. The Second is the Fenix GL19R. M&P shown for size comparison.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:31:35 PM EDT
[#13]

have any Safariland Als tlr1 holsters lying around to see if they work?
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:54:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Doesn't fit most compacts, including the HK USP9C...and any subcompacts for that matter.  No care.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 3:03:49 PM EDT
[#15]
Don’t think it was meant for smaller guns. It’s got the pattern for standard glock or 1913.
Most subcompacts have a different rail setup.
Doesn’t fit my uspc-357 because it has a proprietary rail.

It fits my compact Glock but is too long. I prefer the tlr7a for my compacts and using a tlr7sub on my glock 43x.

Fits on my issued duty gun and in duty holster (Safariland)

Too long for my compact
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:04:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

have any Safariland Als tlr1 holsters lying around to see if they work?
View Quote

They do.

All my safariland holsters now are ALS RDS and it fits just fine,  have to tension the light channel down to take out the slack but they lock and draw smoothly.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 4:07:27 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Doesn't fit most compacts, including the HK USP9C...and any subcompacts for that matter.  No care.
View Quote

Fits the G19/M&P9 sized compacts. Definitely not any subcompact.... but that's an apples to oranges comparison. Neither will the x300/TLR1 series they are made to compete against.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:41:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

They do.

All my safariland holsters now are ALS RDS and it fits just fine,  have to tension the light channel down to take out the slack but they lock and draw smoothly.
View Quote

Cool thanks.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 6:25:17 PM EDT
[#19]
I was given a small Fenix keychain light as a gift. It completely stopped working in a few weeks. I called them and they sent me a replacement. Which promptly quit working in about 5 days.

No chance I’d trust one of their weapon lights.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top