Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 9/8/2022 8:50:37 PM EDT
[Last Edit: BWA1979]
Just received a UTG Super Slim M-Lok drop in rail as a gift. Purchased some magpul type 2 covers for it but now I am curious, Would they hold well if I cut off one of the two locking mechanisms. Two of side/front M-Lok slots are halved to allow space for the screws and I would prefer to cover them. I was hoping someone else had experience doing this before I begin hacking away only to find that it wont stay put at all.

Edit: Ok if anyone is interested, I went ahead and cut off the locking mech on both pieces and it seems to be holding fairly well... It may break free easily if something gets wedged under the front part but for the most part its working. Certainly gives the rifle a better appearance and makes it easier to get a good grip without concern of burning myself.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 9:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I have cut many of those Magpul covers in half to cover only a half slot and they have been holding up for years.  I have even removed (by grinding down) one of the locking tabs (slot and post) on a full cover so it would not hit the gas block.  They have also been holding for years without issue.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top