Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 5/24/2024 5:31:40 PM EDT
Anyone used the US Optics Boresighter? They don't push it, but they do recommend a magnetic type sighter like theirs for bore sighting.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 6:07:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: gman556] [#1]
The best bore sighter I ever used is my own eyes.

Get the rifle solid in a rest, and remove the bolt, look down the barrel from the breach of course at a target from 25-50-100 yds with a center dot or diamond and center it in the bore, then adjust the optics windage and elevation to it.

This goes for any rifle with a removeable bolt where you can look directly through the barrel from the breach. AR's/ Bolt guns ect:

Of coarse if you have something like an M14 then this not an option as far as I know.

May take a couple of tries, especially if your OCD. It worked like a charm every time for me.

I mostly do it at 50 or 100 yds.
Link Posted: 5/24/2024 7:09:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Originally Posted By paulweeber:
Anyone used the US Optics Boresighter? They don't push it, but they do recommend a magnetic type sighter like theirs for bore sighting.
View Quote

For an AR?  Just pop the top and look down the barrel.  You don't need no stinking bore-sighter
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top