Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2020 9:07:54 PM EDT
I got it straight. Only tightened the center screw on the aero mount to bridge and barely put any pressure on it. She's nice and center now!!

New upper.

Vltor mur
11.5 faxon
Blah the guts
10.5" Midwest industries combat rail

Everytime I hand tighten or torque this thing down it pulls the barrel low into the handgaurd like the handgaurd is tilting upwards... I've tried a wheeler picatinny vise and a aero precision scope mount to no avail. Any ideas????
Link Posted: 5/12/2020 6:38:09 AM EDT
[#1]
My idea would be to contact MI as they have excellent customer service!
Link Posted: 5/13/2020 9:59:04 AM EDT
[#2]
contact with gas block?
Link Posted: 7/4/2020 10:35:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
contact with gas block?
View Quote

I think it was long mlok screws
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 6:06:36 PM EDT
[#4]
I always advise people not to do the bridge method. Depending on how you torque the mount it can force misalignment.

Set the rail and receiver upside down and flat on a known even surface, apply pressure as evenly as possible, and torque. I've also found in most cases you can actually get things tighter this way as it makes sure everything is seating correctly.

ETA: If you have a front sight base just carefully hang it off the edge of the table so you don't drop everything.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:47:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the tip!
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top