Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 1/1/2019 10:40:52 PM EDT
Has anyone dealt with EDC Tactical out of Virginia regarding one of their lowers being out of spec? I ordered one of their billet lowers because of the custom engraving option. This was for my son's 18 b-day, his first AR build, and he had a specific image in mind. The lower looks nice as does the engraving but the channel for the pivot pin spring and detent isn't level but instead slopes downward. This causes the detent to enter the pivot pin groove at a downward angle which in turn rotates the pivot pin counterclockwise and impacts the lower. The point of impact from the top "corner" of the pin resulted in the cerakote chipping off. I've tried multiple pivot pins, all mil-spec, with no change. I emailed them a couple weeks back but haven't received a reply. I'm hesitant to ship it back without their knowledge. I'm hoping the lack of communication is due to the holidays. Anyone have good luck getting issues resolved with this company?
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:17:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I've ordered several lowers from them because the quality + cerakote is good for the price. I waited 3 months for one lower and close to 2 for another. I stayed on them via email because they are slow to respond... Way beyond their quoted times. I've got an order out that's 5 biz days over due with no response as well. I'd email them and say something like "due to my product not being up to the spec you claimed it was, and is thus completely unusable, I will give you 5 business days to resolve the issue before I contact my bank for a charge back"

This way you can present a very reasonable documented case to your bank. The charge back will cost them many times more than they made off you so they'll jump into action as they should.

Also, I haven't built the lowers I ordered so I can't speak to mil spec quality but others have had similar issues as yours.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 1:49:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 2:49:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for both replies. I just tried calling them and it rang several times then sounded as if it was going to voicemail but there wasn't a sound. No message, tone etc. I recall them having a voicemail back when I called to inquire about my order. I guess I'll keep emailing.
Link Posted: 1/2/2019 9:05:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Definitely include the chargeback language. If you've emailed them weeks ago with no response they're blowing you off and that's no way to do business.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 1:49:14 PM EDT
[#5]
UPDATE: EDC Tactical got back to me today. They apologized for the out of spec lower and are sending a brand new custom engraved one out. As long as it is in spec then we should be good to go
Link Posted: 1/14/2019 1:19:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Good to hear. I'm currently sitting at 40 days since I ordered a builder's set with a lead time of 15-20 days... Not gonna bother with them again
Link Posted: 2/8/2019 5:29:11 PM EDT
[#7]
NEW UPDATE:
On 01/07/2019 EDC Tactical advised me that they would re-cut my lower and send it out on 01/11/2019. That never happened. I started to take a closer look at the original out-of-spec lower sent to me after my son had put a built upper on it but found that the bolt would not lock back on an empty mag. Initially I thought it was either the bolt catch or bolt catch mount being out of spec. Upon closer inspection I noticed that the mag well was a mess inside. There was no precise machined surfaces and guides like every other lower I had. Instead it looked like someone had attacked it with a grinding stone attached to a Dremel. The surface was wavy and uneven lacking of any precise definition. This resulted in the magazine slopping around in all directions. The mag could actually be inserted at two different angles, one resulting in the bolt catch doing its job and the other resulting in the bolt catch getting hung up on the back of the follower.

Since I had not received my replacement lower I sent EDC the pictures so they could see what was wrong. I never got a reply. I sent them an email today which resulted in the normal "we'll try to respond in 3-5 business days". It also stated that due to Shopify refusing to do business with firearms manufacturers that EDC was utilizing another service provider but still had access to old emails. Then I tried calling them and there was no voice message stating you've reach EDC Tactical like there had been but rather the computer voice telling you what number you reached. It rang once and went straight to voicemail. At this point I called my bank and began the dispute process for my purchase price. I guess buyer beware applies.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 5:14:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Not that it matters now but just wanted to give a final update. My bank said my complaint was outside of the 120 day window so no luck there. Wish I hadn't tried working with EDC Tactical. Looks like they closed up shop and took my money with them leaving me with a useless chunk of aluminum. I know that scoundrels exist in all industries and that includes the firearms industry. I'm still disappointed that I got burned especially since it was for my son's 18th and his first build. Good for him to see the importance of vetting a manufacturer if they aren't well known. I guess "Buyer Beware" doesn't apply anymore since they've pulled up stakes. Thanks EDC Tactical. Real cool.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 9:48:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Hate to make my first post on this but 100% agree to stay away from EDC Tactical.  Had high hopes in Dec 2018 and placed an order for two custom billet builder sets for almost $700.   Have heard nothing back from them since...in 3 months.   Many emails, phone calls, webform response, and FB post with out one reply.  Now it appears they have removed their FB page.   BBB gives them an F with 10 plus complaints now.   Contacted my CC company now as well but have little hope getting my $ back.
Link Posted: 3/5/2019 11:43:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Today I tried contacting EDC on a saved email thread from February and it now says something similar to the "address doesn't exist".
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 12:28:20 AM EDT
[#11]
I disputed mine 5 days past lead time and my bank recently got my money back.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:17:48 AM EDT
[#12]
Glad someone had some luck.
Link Posted: 3/6/2019 1:30:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Great news you got your $ back!  Hope I do, filed with the cc company at 90 days and latest to them is 120 days.   Of course EDC said 15-20 days lead time at the time of my order.    We’ll see.
Link Posted: 5/5/2019 8:44:25 AM EDT
[#14]
Update:  Chase posted my refund this week.   Took ~2months but finally got it back.  Finished the builds with Aero Precision M4E1's instead and am pleased...although no custom engraving.

EDC still hasn't replied to me nor BBB...go figure
Link Posted: 6/3/2019 4:15:24 PM EDT
[#15]
they are out of business now

I had ordered some custom lowers and had to go to cc as well
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top