BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#1]
A couple retailers had the G33 flip to center mounts come in stock yesterday. I managed to get one finally.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:12:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  That was easy.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:18:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks.  That was easy.
View Quote

Sweet! I was going to hold "class" today. I've got one more to do...

It's a fantastic system they designed. Use the built in BUIS if you want, take'm out if you don't.

The machining alone they did on these is truly outstanding. Just like Scalarworks stuff, little pieces of artwork.

GOD, I'm such a nerd.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 11:48:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Ya the mount is sweet.  The height is perfect but that rear sight wasn’t for me.  I have one more to do myself now.
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:01:47 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ya the mount is sweet.  The height is perfect but that rear sight wasn’t for me.  I have one more to do myself now.
View Quote

Coupled with their magnifier it may become more important. I can’t run a rear backup sight and stow the magnifier down...in a mounting position with proper eye relief
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#6]
FDE riser checking in

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 12:59:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Well, Imma never going Magnifier. been there, done that. If I need reach, off comes the RD and rear BUIS to mount the LPVO. I've actually got one 10.5 upper dedicated for LPVO use.

Time for school..

The vertical "hold" bolt comes out easy from the top with a jewelers screwdriver. Of course the actual part that I wanted to show comes out blurry..

On the others I've done, the SS detent ball & spring stay captive when removing the ghost ring adjustment cross bolt. This one did not. Thank the good lord I have a Streamlight TLR-8 that uses a REALLY TINY allen wrench for adjustment. It was just what I needed to re-install said detent components back in through the top.

So, to recap.. unit free standing without the RD on, vertical "hold" bolt on the left (when mounted on the gun,) TEENY TINY allen screw to capture detent system on the right. Bass-ackwards in this pic.. And in this pic, you can see the machined end of the cross bolt that "captures" via the hold bolt. If you just try and unscrew the cross bolt to remove Casper, it'll break. Trust me..

Link Posted: 3/3/2021 1:05:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
My 11lb (loaded with can) chonk of a 10.3 URGI.

https://i.imgur.com/F5V8Myl.jpg

View Quote

Dude, wipe down that fridge...! ;^p
Link Posted: 3/3/2021 10:12:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
From what I’ve seen on their IG live they’re actually working on quite a few new mounts for magnifiers and other optics to include the MRO.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/C421EF51-DE77-4785-99E8-4A690E318EF9_png-1803819.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
This could fairly easily be adapted to MRO, ACRO, RMR, etc. footprints, a 30mm ring mount for COMP/PRO/etc.
From what I’ve seen on their IG live they’re actually working on quite a few new mounts for magnifiers and other optics to include the MRO.  
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/79729/C421EF51-DE77-4785-99E8-4A690E318EF9_png-1803819.JPG

The MRO / 3X combo is a grand from Primary Arms, so add another 400 bucks for the two mounts; 1400 bucks to be Gucci AF...! ;^p

I think the hot ticket could be:

Unity FAST Micro Mount w/ Holosun HS503G-ACSS Micro Red Dot Sight
Unity FAST FTC AP Mount w/ Aimpoint 3X-C Magnifier

Target center mass with the donut of death in 1x mode, pop up the magnifier to reach out in 3x mode?
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 2:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I love that Im already seeing people buy these simply to re-sell for almost twice what they paid for them on the EE.

I truly wish I had enough time in my life that I could scalp Unity mounts on a forum.
Link Posted: 3/4/2021 3:01:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I love that Im already seeing people buy these simply to re-sell for almost twice what they paid for them on the EE.

I truly wish I had enough time in my life that I could scalp Unity mounts on a forum.
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#12]
Skdtac has the FDE in stock as of this message.  Got mine ordered.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:51:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Does anyone know if Unity is planning on releasing a mount for the EoTech G45?
I currently have a Comp M5 in a Unity FAST mount that I would like to pair with the new EoTech G45, but I don't see any new mounts on the Unity website.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:41:36 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Does anyone know if Unity is planning on releasing a mount for the EoTech G45?
I currently have a Comp M5 in a Unity FAST mount that I would like to pair with the new EoTech G45, but I don't see any new mounts on the Unity website.
View Quote

I'm assuming/hoping the G33 mounts will still work -- form factor looks very similar and as long as those two screws are still in the same place......
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 11:54:11 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I'm assuming/hoping the G33 mounts will still work -- form factor looks very similar and as long as those two screws are still in the same place......
View Quote

I noticed this on their website: The FAST FTC Magnifier Mount for the G33 is compatible with the G33 Magnifier ONLY.  It is not compatible with the G43 or G45.
https://www.unitytactical.com/product/fast-ftc-eotech-mag-mount/
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:00:59 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I noticed this on their website: The FAST FTC Magnifier Mount for the G33 is compatible with the G33 Magnifier ONLY.  It is not compatible with the G43 or G45.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unity is broadening their line though not sure specifics across the board.  There is an MRO mount in the works...
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:08:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

This is correct and I was going to post this earlier but they have repeatedly said on their live streams that they will be making compatible mounts for the new magnifiers.

They said they’re making one for the holosuns as well as the vortex.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:29:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Unity is broadening their line though not sure specifics across the board.  There is an MRO mount in the works...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to see a ring mount version for the PRO/M2/M3/etc.
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 4:47:43 PM EDT
[#19]

Link Posted: 3/9/2021 5:07:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

well F
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 7:48:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Someone posted it a little bit ago.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/UNITY-TACTICAL-optics-mount-thread/18-759451/?page=3#i8228188
Link Posted: 3/9/2021 10:37:11 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Skdtac has the FDE in stock as of this message.  Got mine ordered.
View Quote
Well order was cancelled.  /rip  
Link Posted: 3/10/2021 1:20:29 AM EDT
[#23]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Someone posted it a little bit ago.

https://www.ar15.com/forums/AR-15/UNITY-TACTICAL-optics-mount-thread/18-759451/?page=3#i8228188

I know it's a demo, but I'm not down with nose-to-brass-deflector style shooting to get proper magnifier eye relief.

*hyperbole, but that setup isn't working outside of a "look at this new mount"
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 8:35:51 AM EDT
[#24]
I figure that if anyone could help answer this question it would be a Member in this Thread. Just got the Unity G33 Mount but locating a Unity "Riser" for the EOTECH is like Land Nav in a desert! My question is: Does ANYONE else make a Riser which can raise the EOTECH Up to equal the Unity G33 STS Optic Mount?
Thanks!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I figure that if anyone could help answer this question it would be a Member in this Thread. Just got the Unity G33 Mount but locating a Unity "Riser" for the EOTECH is like Land Nav in a desert! My question is: Does ANYONE else make a Riser which can raise the EOTECH Up to equal the Unity G33 STS Optic Mount?
Thanks!
View Quote

I have multiple risers and a unity, I'll see if any of them are close to the unity for you and let you know.

Edit: The only one that came almost exact that I have is the Larue 5/8" riser.  It was almost exact.  It was only MAYBE 1 mm shorter, so that's the ticket if you want one that's readily available, or basically any 5/8" riser should work then.

Just for your "record" I tested the Leupold, Bobro, and Larue against the unity.  The Bobro was close, but maybe 2-3mm short.  Larue was just about dead nuts on.

Another edit:

I found something that might work that's less expensive and might suit your needs better:

Vortex Razor Red Dot AR15 Riser Mount MT-5108

It's made by American Defense Manufacturing and labelled as a .6 inch riser, and 5/8 is .625 so that might work just fine since the magnifier doesn't have to be perfectly aligned with the optic.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:07:10 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

I have multiple risers and a unity, I'll see if any of them are close to the unity for you and let you know.
Edit: The only one that came almost exact that I have is the Larue 5/8" riser.  It was almost exact.  It was only MAYBE 1 mm shorter, so that's the ticket if you want one that's readily available, or basically any 5/8" riser should work then.
Just for your "record" I tested the Leupold, Bobro, and Larue against the unity.  The Bobro was close, but maybe 2-3mm short.  Larue was just about dead nuts on.
Another edit:
I found something that might work that's less expensive and might suit your needs better:
It's made by American Defense Manufacturing and labelled as a .6 inch riser, and 5/8 is .625 so that might work just fine since the magnifier doesn't have to be perfectly aligned with the optic.
View Quote

Thank you SO much! Now Im just searching the world for one of these!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 10:15:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Thank you SO much! Now Im just searching the world for one of these!
View Quote

Bingo!

With Titanium Lever
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:12:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 11:43:36 AM EDT
[#29]
Ironically, I was just reading about the Vortex one and when I saw the other two Replies drop in I added ALL of them to my cart and pulled the trigger on them! Not a real fan of Optics Planet and their slowness but 3 of the 4 were on Amazon and will be here tomorrow!!
Thanks again Gents!
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:17:28 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Cheaper and the one I was referencing:
Vortex Riser
View Quote

Dead link. Plus OP sucks.
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 1:51:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Dead link. Plus OP sucks.
View Quote

Yeah, that wasn't the point, even though it's true.  I was showing you the actual product I was referencing which was a less expensive alternative to the ADM, not suggesting that's where he needed to buy it from...
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Yeah, that wasn't the point, even though it's true.  I was showing you the actual product I was referencing which was a less expensive alternative to the ADM, not suggesting that's where he needed to buy it from...
View Quote

Sorry if I came off brash. Didn't mean that! It WAS A DEAD link.. it didn't take me anywhere. I'm all for saving the brother some coin, no doubt.

Carry on
Link Posted: 3/11/2021 4:29:48 PM EDT
[#33]
Hey, guys, I've been eyeing the FAST LPVO mount for a while now, but it looks like from the pictures that the offset RDS mount for it is right-side only and not ambidextrous? As a lefty, that kinda sucks...
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:03:16 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hey, guys, I've been eyeing the FAST LPVO mount for a while now, but it looks like from the pictures that the offset RDS mount for it is right-side only and not ambidextrous? As a lefty, that kinda sucks...
View Quote

From everything I've seen, right handed shooter only. I'm a lefty too.. Badger COMM1 does ambi.
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 3:38:12 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:21:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Let me tell you a tale...
One upon a time, I really had to commit to trying a LaRue 1/3rd cowittness mount. I didn't think I'd like it, but I thought it would be worth a try. After a while, I began to like the 1/3 cowittness mounts. It really grew on me. Years later, all videos started showing up about Scalarworks and how the 1.93 mount was the cats pajamas. So, I picked up a Scalarworks 1.93 mount. I fell in love. I never really could comfortably get behind it with my PVS14 though. I love the looks of the scalarworks mounts but I always kinda hated the fact it blocks the iron sights. The QD made up for it. Now, I keep hearing all this stuff about the Unity Fast mount. It's taller for my NV and has its own rear peep sight integrated into the mount! It's freaking awesome in every way!

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:41:23 AM EDT
[#37]
Bingo!

Once again it comes down to a Fellow Member helping out another! Right after reading your responses I hit that World-Wide-Web long hard and fast!! All this time I've been sweating the Unity Tactical Risers so that I can optimize the wicked hard to find Unity G33 Mount (Need a FDE Model & Will Pay Well) for another build.  

As India, Mack & Zak stated above, the Vortex MT-5108was the obvious choice & at $80 a good grab. Might send the other 2 back to Amazon.

*NOTE: One thing I'd like to address - which there's no doubt in my Military Mind you all know. I REALLY like the style in which the Unity G33 Mount works "in Reverse" of the EOTECH fashion. Meaning, to me it looks much more streamlined with the Magnifier in the "Downward" Position while looking Over it thru the Optic itself. Since this was my first Unity 33 Mount I wasn't aware and as said - pleasantly surprised for sure. If only EOTECH could make their rubber Magnifier colors the same as their optics! Some pics with illustration:

Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File

**I'm curious if their G43 or 45 could squeeze in this Mount. I'll try em both today.

Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:49:00 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I have multiple risers and a unity, I'll see if any of them are close to the unity for you and let you know. Edit: The only one that came almost exact that I have is the Larue 5/8" riser.  It was almost exact.  It was only MAYBE 1 mm shorter, so that's the ticket if you want one that's readily available, or basically any 5/8" riser should work then.
View Quote

Sorry "india13c" totally meant to credit you with the Tip on the Vortex Riser! Here were the other two that came cheap via Amazon
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Sorry "india13c" totally meant to credit you with the Tip on the Vortex Riser! Here were the other two that came cheap via Amazon
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Screenshot_20210313-094649_Gallery_jpg-1863513.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/434956/Screenshot_20210313-094727_Gallery_jpg-1863514.JPG
View Quote

No worries dude!  I don't need any credit for it, and I'm glad it worked as I suspected, and just glad to help.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 10:53:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

The MRO / 3X combo is a grand from Primary Arms, so add another 400 bucks for the two mounts; 1400 bucks to be Gucci AF...! ;^p

I think the hot ticket could be:

Unity FAST Micro Mount w/ Holosun HS503G-ACSS Micro Red Dot Sight
Unity FAST FTC AP Mount w/ Aimpoint 3X-C Magnifier

Target center mass with the donut of death in 1x mode, pop up the magnifier to reach out in 3x mode?
View Quote

That’s what I’m thinking about doing, I already have the 503 and I like it a lot. Seems like it would be a great combo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:13:36 PM EDT
[#41]
Thanks guys. Right now I have Four (4) Extra Black & FDE Risers and will probably return them all in case anyone out there is in dire need as I was? Two more just arrived this evening from Optics Planet - not my favorite shop, but regardless - they're here. Anyone looking to do the same with an EOTECH, Which I have plenty of. PM me!
Link Posted: 3/13/2021 11:31:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Thanks guys. Right now I have Four (4) Extra Black & FDE Risers and will probably return them all in case anyone out there is in dire need as I was? Two more just arrived this evening from Optics Planet - not my favorite shop, but regardless - they're here. Anyone looking to do the same with an EOTECH, Which I have plenty of. PM me!
View Quote

PM inbound
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 4:43:19 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

**Be advised. I do NOT have any Unity Tactical Risers. The ones I have are Genetic Items. The "Replacement" items are both there, but I used the one made by Vortex - pictured above. Sorry if this was misconstrued If you'd like the links to the ones I have OR want to aquire them from a Gunny PM . I do have other rifles I intend on mounting EOTECH'S so will keep one of these. I wish they mounted to the other Unity FAST mount for use of BUIS. Otherwise I need to send  things back- have TONS of gear I know I'll never use! Most all is Furniture and Mounts kits for all WML of every type. Out.....
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 10:10:51 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

**Be advised. I do NOT have any Unity Tactical Risers. The ones I have are Genetic Items. The "Replacement" items are both there, but I used the one made by Vortex - pictured above. Sorry if this was misconstrued If you'd like the links to the ones I have OR want to aquire them from a Gunny PM . I do have other rifles I intend on mounting EOTECH'S so will keep one of these. I wish they mounted to the other Unity FAST mount for use of BUIS. Otherwise I need to send  things back- have TONS of gear I know I'll never use! Most all is Furniture and Mounts kits for all WML of every type. Out.....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you having a stroke? Lol. I have no idea what you're talking about and your link goes nowhere.
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 12:19:34 PM EDT
[#45]
LMAO. Yep. No stroke. Just a TBI. Here's that Mount from Optics Planet in both FDE and Unopened Black one in Box.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:08:37 PM EDT
[#46]
This guy makes zero sense. Let's get this thread back on track...

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:16:16 PM EDT
[#47]
No neck scrunch'n pain skyscraper club

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 12:48:08 PM EDT
[#48]
Now THAT is an awesome setup there Mack! See ya have some SLR Carbon Fiber too which I'm a huge fan of! Exactly what are they mounted on there?
Link Posted: 3/16/2021 1:15:01 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Now THAT is an awesome setup there Mack! See ya have some SLR Carbon Fiber too which I'm a huge fan of! Exactly what are they mounted on there?
View Quote

Thanks brother. Both are 10.5" CQB builds. The 50 shades FDE build is a Rainier Arms select heavy profile Nitride 5.56 barrel, the black one is a Faxon Nitride pencil barrel. Both run G MK8 rails, SA adj gas blocks, JP LMOS, Armaspec H2 buffer systems.

Always suppressed, tuned to run ~ 25% gas. Like butter. FDE runs a full size YHM Turbo, black gun runs a naked SS YHM Turbo-K.

ETA: Yeah, the SLR carbon fiber rail panels are the shit. They actually provide a lot of heat protection. Plus the fact I'm a CF nut from years gone by...

Thread derail.. Sorry. I know Gunny will appreciate this.

Link Posted: 3/16/2021 5:22:06 PM EDT
[#50]
MY MAN!!!
It seems we have the same love of Carbon Fiber! EVERY single replaceable part of my very last build was replaced by Glossy CF!

Thanks for sharing EVERYTHING- Especially The Monster!. I need to be careful not to offend anyone here since I've "strayed" too far off course and not made any sense whatsoever.  

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Page / 6
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top