Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2022 8:40:44 PM EDT
I was lucky enough to be able to obtain these. The Colt 1959 dated handguard is original blueprint and has ink hand signatures on it. That is going to stay with me a long time as it is AR15 and the core of what I collect.

The ar10 drawings I bought as original but then got them in and found out they are copies that were given to colt. There is a 1990 letter dated to Colts president from a patent lawyer saying Colt has rights due to the 1971 agreement with Artilerrie-Intirchtingen. The letter states they have the originals still but can send them if needed as well as original rifles. Curious why colt wanted them in 1990.

The colt letter does release the ownership to a colt employee who I am assuming these came from. There is a sticker on each page that has since been covered stating that they cannot be used but has since been voided

Total, there are about 170 pages for the Ar10 with 3 different sizes so it is a complete set.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#1]
Nice!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Congratulations!!!
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:28:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Always great stuff
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:33:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I saw the hand guard material definition as Fiberite 4030-190- this is an interesting connection to early work on a composite materials to replace brass for cartridge cases for 7.62mm rounds

https://apps.dtic.mil/sti/pdfs/ADA307469.pdf

Link Posted: 5/24/2022 11:28:33 AM EDT
[#5]
Congratulations of the finding.
What will be the future for the A.I. drawings, i was wondering about when would we be allowed to see all of the drawings, but i am going to shut up.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:05:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Congratulations of the finding.
What will be the future for the A.I. drawings, i was wondering about when would we be allowed to see all of the drawings, but i am going to shut up.
View Quote

I need to be 100% sure that i can scan and share these and then I will make some plans for them
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I need to be 100% sure that i can scan and share these and then I will make some plans for them
View Quote
Awesome.

I want some line drawing T shirts.
Sell the shirts. Profit.
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Awesome, OP!
Link Posted: 5/24/2022 3:34:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

That would be wonderful, thank you.
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
You have to get some of those framed with professional matting, they are museum-quality finds!  

Quoted:
I saw the hand guard material definition as Fiberite
View Quote

Interesting PDF!   I remember the 90's catalogs from Quality Parts /"We are Bushmaster" selling the Fiberite CAR stocks.  I always thought it was just their marketing buzzword for plastic.   Cobray M11/Nine "Zytel" magazines too.  I never knew that those were actual names of polymer types.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top