Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/30/2023 2:39:24 AM EDT
Optics planet has it (prematurely ) posted with a bunch of photos. 1-10x, 34mm tube, FFP, MRAD. Listed for $1630.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-credo-1-10x28mm-first-focal-plane-34mm-tube-riflescope.html

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:27:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Reticle is kinda meh, but overall doesn’t look too bad.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:32:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

I disagree-i think it's a step in the right direction over the 1-8 which doesn't have wind holds. Looking at the pictures of it mounted, those are super low, like under absolute height low. I'm guessing this is taking a swing at the leupold 2-10 since they refuse to give us a good reticle and prioritizing upper end magnification over 1x

Edit***that is one tall elevation turret lmao
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 6:56:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Definitely want. I dipped my toe in the lpvo game with a primary arms 1-6 acss and I like it so much it got an adm mount and a go live battery cap.

I have an aimpoint on my main hd gun, but if I get a nice lpvo, I’ll sell the aimpoint.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:16:53 AM EDT
[#4]
Weird

I thought Trijicon couldn’t even do a good 1-8?

Why would we pick this over the PLXC 1-8 or Razor 1-10?

I heard Trijicon is a PITA to deal with on warranty
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

I had to send an RMR to them for glass issues and it couldn’t have been much easier.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:25:04 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I disagree-i think it's a step in the right direction over the 1-8 which doesn't have wind holds. Looking at the pictures of it mounted, those are super low, like under absolute height low. I'm guessing this is taking a swing at the leupold 2-10 since they refuse to give us a good reticle and prioritizing upper end magnification over 1x

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It’s a zero stop cap. I agree there’s room for improvement on the height, but it’s a good system.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:25:39 AM EDT
[#7]
3.2-3.9 eye relief seems a bit tight

21.2oz seems decent but I’d rather have the 18oz plxc
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:31:09 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I had to send an RMR to them for glass issues and it couldn’t have been much easier.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Weird

The trijicon warranty sucks compared to vortex:

NOT TRANSFERABLE

MUST REGISTER

numerous “gotchas”

“Doesn’t apply to the illumination”

“workmanship for the lifetime of the original owner. Trijicon will repair or replace (at our option) the registered product.

This warranty does not apply to defects caused by anything which is deemed abnormal, abusive, or improper, including any fault resulting from an accident or improper service. This warranty specifically applies to the optical systems and metal structure of the product and does not apply to the illumination system.”
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:16:41 AM EDT
[#9]
I wish the optics industry stopped trying to push high mag on LPVOs.

Tons of us want a 1-4, 5, 6 with a 2023 reticle, NX8 brightness in a 14oz Leupold billet tube with .1 mil capped turrets.

If the tech is being evolved to make these 1-10s, then the tech is there to create the above. Hell, someone make a 2023 elcan with a better mounting system even (not that turkish crap).
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:28:21 AM EDT
[#10]
2.8 mm exit pupil?

I wonder how it will perform in low light at 10x
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
2.8 mm exit pupil?

I wonder how it will perform in low light at 10x
View Quote

Probably about as good as the vudu since it is also a 28mm obj and comes from the same factory. Which is to say pretty good all things considered
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 12:47:51 PM EDT
[#12]
This looks like very similar to that Delta 1-10 that SuperSetCA recently looked at. Same dimensions and everything.

Delta Stryker 1-10 LPVO - Better But Not Perfect
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:07:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Tons of us want a 1-4, 5, 6 with a 2023 reticle, NX8 brightness in a 14oz Leupold billet tube with .1 mil capped turrets.

If the tech is being evolved to make these 1-10s, then the tech is there to create the above. Hell, someone make a 2023 elcan with a better mounting system even (not that turkish crap).
View Quote

All of this.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 1:11:50 PM EDT
[#14]
This also comes out of the same factory so it makes sense
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 2:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Optics planet has it (prematurely ) posted with a bunch of photos. 1-10x, 34mm tube, FFP, MRAD. Listed for $1630.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/trijicon-credo-1-10x28mm-first-focal-plane-34mm-tube-riflescope.html

View Quote

A 10X scope with only a 28mm objective?  Trijicon better have some real magic going on with this scope.

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:12:07 PM EDT
[#16]

I think 2.8mm exit pupil would mke the size of the eye box pretty small, wouldn't it?

And, you can only get so much light thru that small hole....

I mean, you can't cheat physics
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 3:44:12 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

News to me, I couldnt be happier with my accupower 1-8.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:15:18 PM EDT
[#18]
I really don't see the draw of these high magnification LPVOs. The whole reason for an LPVO is to have a somewhat light/compact compromise between a RDS and a full-size optic. IMO that can be done with a 1-6 or even a 1-4 if ranges are under 400yds.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Double tap
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:21:32 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I really don't see the draw of these high magnification LPVOs. The whole reason for an LPVO is to have a somewhat light/compact compromise between a RDS and a full-size optic. IMO that can be done with a 1-6 or even a 1-4 if ranges are under 400yds.
View Quote

I mentioned this earlier but I don't think the idea with this is an lpvo despite it going down to 1x. This feels more like a stab at the leupold 2-10. Lighter, similar but better reticle, 28mm obj lens... the 28mm lpvo's are known for playing nicer up top than the 24mm. This reticle is quite intricate which is a stark contrast to say, the fc-dmx
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 4:24:31 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

This right here
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:03:40 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

You’re a soyjak

The 1-8 is good

Plx c isn’t super bright, the razor 1-10 is actually not that good, hence why you can find them all over the second hand market.

Trijicon is super awesome for warranty work

Poortex has a good warranty because they use Chinese slave labor on most of their optics.

Three people make up the vortex owners, Jerry miculeks who shred at matches with any optic, sof dudes who use their 40% discount, then Walmart bubbas who think a strike Eagle is just a less expensive razor because it’s the same company
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 7:34:40 PM EDT
[#23]
I was hoping trijicon wouldn’t fall for the 1-10 train, it’s just not easy to make. But I like the wind holds, the 1-8 is great, maybe if they could make it 5-10% brighter it would be towards that red dot bright but it’s definitely bright enough to use at noon.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 10:23:30 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

Their warranty is better than your EE rating.
Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:35:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 12/30/2023 11:48:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

ETA: The Accupower and Credo are solid optics and are probably underestimated when compared to their competition. My personal issue with them is the turrets but they are absolutely serviceable and never gave me any actual problems. Based on the limited information available I don't see why there would be an expectation of anything less with this optic.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:26:17 AM EDT
[#27]
I would personally like to see someone make a 1-10x42 or something with a larger objective lens that will be more forgiving rather than the tight eye boxes on these scopes.  Something like a 2.5-10x42 NXS but 1x on the low end.  Not real sure the 1x magnification lends itself to having a larger objective or if that's a limiting factor.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:29:23 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

This reticle is quite intricate which is a stark contrast to say, the fc-dmx
View Quote

I respectfully think you have that backward.

The fc-dmx has one mill holds over the whole tree.

The Trijicon is seemingly a copy of the USMC VCOG tree, and will have you holding in space unless you dial.

Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:38:05 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I would personally like to see someone make a 1-10x42 or something with a larger objective lens that will be more forgiving rather than the tight eye boxes on these scopes.
View Quote

March 1.5-15x42mm almost does it. I canceled my DLO Locals, but I bet he has a really good answer of why you don't do 1x with bigger objectives. My conjecture (that I've stated before) is that the large objective would have to be prohibitively far from your first erector to maintain a decent depth of field that is required for a decent LPVO with a fixed paralax. So instead of a 10" LPVO you might need a 16" LPVO and that's going to get heavy.
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 2:26:03 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

I respectfully think you have that backward.

The fc-dmx has one mill holds over the whole tree.
https://cdn.nightforceoptics.com/wp-content/uploads/Reticle_Images/NF_FC-DMx.png
The Trijicon is seemingly a copy of the USMC VCOG tree, and will have you holding in space unless you dial.
https://images.eurooptic.com/images/products/trijicon/reticles/trijicon-red-mrad-tree-reticle.jpg?w=1100
View Quote

I should clarify intricate being being the very very small stadia spacing (looks like 1/4mil) vs the half mil on the dmx. The reticle measurements are much smaller on the trijicon as well.

Most people don't use the dmx the way it was designed to be used anyway. The dmx is a very very basic bitch (but awesome) design.

Edit***
Combining what you said about dialing and the super small stadia I'm going on a limb and pointing out again this seems to be more of a competitor against the leupold 2-10 than the vortex 1-10
Link Posted: 12/31/2023 12:31:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Pretty large turrets as well.  I'd pass.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:27:38 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

My one experience with warenty was excellent. They were very quick and even worked with me to get a slightly different model replacement to me at my request.

I was happy with there service.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 9:54:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

I kind of agree with this. The riflea that i need 1x on would do fine with about a 6x top as long as it is clear glass with good reticle. Would love for it to be about 14oz. If i need a 10x i ussually want a little bigger objective and would settle for 2x with a good eye box on the bottom. Also would like it to be under 20oz as well.

I cant belive how good my 2-10x42 VX5HD with fire dot is. Eye box is huge on 2x and the fire dot is simple and bright. On 2x it is very usable. Maybe not for clearing a house but for close fast hunting still great. I think with a little practice it would work shooting both eyes open. Its also lighter than most of these LPVO even with a 42mm objective. Probably not military durable but pretty good so far. Reticle is a little heavy for long range target work. But everything is a trade off.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 10:02:38 AM EDT
[#34]
I love my 1-6, not sure I need more magnification.  the BDC with dot isnt the best precision reticle maybe but its daylight bright and the gun is fast out to 200 yards easy.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 12:29:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I kind of agree with this. The riflea that i need 1x on would do fine with about a 6x top as long as it is clear glass with good reticle. Would love for it to be about 14oz. If i need a 10x i ussually want a little bigger objective and would settle for 2x with a good eye box on the bottom. Also would like it to be under 20oz as well.

I cant belive how good my 2-10x42 VX5HD with fire dot is. Eye box is huge on 2x and the fire dot is simple and bright. On 2x it is very usable. Maybe not for clearing a house but for close fast hunting still great. I think with a little practice it would work shooting both eyes open. Its also lighter than most of these LPVO even with a 42mm objective. Probably not military durable but pretty good so far. Reticle is a little heavy for long range target work. But everything is a trade off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.  The scope I want from Trijicon is a 1.5-8x42 or 2-10x42 Accupoint under 20 oz with fixed parallax and their moveable throw lever.  I have the 2.5-12.5 version, but don't like the fixed magnification ring nubbin (bolt clearance issues) and would prefer a little less magnification on the bottom end, fixed parallax and a bit less weight.  Basically a tritium illuminated 2-10 VX5HD competitor is what I'm after with options for a mil-dot or post reticle.  A SFP Credo of similar specs would also work, but I generally prefer the Accupoints.  I'd also love to see Trijicon (and other manufacturers) come out with scope caps as good as the Leupold Alumina caps.

I have no desire for a 1-10 LVPO, too many design compromises.  If I want 10x on the top end I'm willing to give up 1x on the bottom end to get to 10x with decent image quality and brightness.  For LPVO's I'll stick to 1-4 or 1-6.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:33:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

This.  The scope I want from Trijicon is a 1.5-8x42 or 2-10x42 Accupoint under 20 oz with fixed parallax and their moveable throw lever.  I have the 2.5-12.5 version, but don't like the fixed magnification ring nubbin (bolt clearance issues) and would prefer a little less magnification on the bottom end, fixed parallax and a bit less weight.  Basically a tritium illuminated 2-10 VX5HD competitor is what I'm after with options for a mil-dot or post reticle.  A SFP Credo of similar specs would also work, but I generally prefer the Accupoints.  I'd also love to see Trijicon (and other manufacturers) come out with scope caps as good as the Leupold Alumina caps.

I have no desire for a 1-10 LVPO, too many design compromises.  If I want 10x on the top end I'm willing to give up 1x on the bottom end to get to 10x with decent image quality and brightness.  For LPVO's I'll stick to 1-4 or 1-6.
View Quote

The Credo 2-10x36mm isn't good enough for you?
Honestly if they made it a 40mm objective and added parallax, most of these conversations would be done...
The Surprisingly Capable Optic | Trijicon Credo 2-10x36
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 2:42:00 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Honestly if they made it a 40mm objective and added parallax, most of these conversations would be done...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=62vtr6Nuxcc
View Quote

It is. I have one but havent gotten around to mounting it yet. I dont think it will replace my VX5HD for big game hunting. But i do like some aspects of it better. But for a "long range" optic it would benefit from the things you mention. And for a short range optic it could be lighter. Kind of perfect for a midrange if you want FFP. I think like it over a 1-10 for my needs. But i havent looked atthe 1-10. Maybe if it was still bright on 10x it would be GTG.
Link Posted: 1/1/2024 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

For the application I have in mind, namely close to mid-range hunting, no, it isn't.  It's not really a matter of not good enough, just the wrong feature set for me.  For that application, I want SFP, a simpler reticle, capped turrets, and fixed parallax.  I'm talking deer and larger game at 300 yards max here, usually way less.   If Trijicon made a simplified version of the 2-10x36 Credo, namely SPF, capped turret, duplex or mil-dot reticle, kept the illumination, and lost a few oz. I'd already own at least one.

FWIW, I do have a FFP 3-18x44 TenMile for a longer range hunting rifle.  I like it for that application, but I wouldn't want to try to use it in thick woods.  I'm definitely not a one rifle for everything sort of guy.

I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges here by describing my ideal hunting scope where the Credo 1-10 really isn't a hunting scope in my mind. If I wanted a FFP scope with a 10x top end I'd buy the 2-10 Credo over the 1-10 in a heartbeat though.  I am seriously considering sticking a 2-10 on my .308 AR.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 6:37:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

For the application I have in mind, namely close to mid-range hunting, no, it isn't.  It's not really a matter of not good enough, just the wrong feature set for me.  For that application, I want SFP, a simpler reticle, capped turrets, and fixed parallax.  I'm talking deer and larger game at 300 yards max here, usually way less.   If Trijicon made a simplified version of the 2-10x36 Credo, namely SPF, capped turret, duplex or mil-dot reticle, kept the illumination, and lost a few oz. I'd already own at least one.

FWIW, I do have a FFP 3-18x44 TenMile for a longer range hunting rifle.  I like it for that application, but I wouldn't want to try to use it in thick woods.  I'm definitely not a one rifle for everything sort of guy.

I realize I'm comparing apples and oranges here by describing my ideal hunting scope where the Credo 1-10 really isn't a hunting scope in my mind. If I wanted a FFP scope with a 10x top end I'd buy the 2-10 Credo over the 1-10 in a heartbeat though.  I am seriously considering sticking a 2-10 on my .308 AR.
View Quote

Sorry for derailing OP.

How about this Burris, @WI-2021 ?
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:11:25 PM EDT
[#40]
This must be why so many 1-8x Credos were on sale this Christmas.

Molon, the objective on the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10 is only 24 mm. Trijicon's eyebox tends to be larger than others with the larger 28 mm objective. Regardless, I find the Vortex 1-10x to be OK at higher magnification, but lacking 1-3x in terms of seeing a "fish eye" effect.

I have the VCOG 1-8x on my SCAR 17, and I like it. Large eyebox, no fish eye. Decent on 6-8x. I like my S&B Short Dot Dual even more though, as I should since it costs twice as much as the VCOG 1-8x.

Regardless, let's see reviews on the new Credo before passing judgement. FYI, I never had issues with any Trijicon products the past 15 years. The one time I needed an HD XR front sight replaced with one that possessed a different height, they sent one to me no questions asked. Of course, I register everything I buy, and try to keep my receipts. I can only begin to imagine the crap Trijicon and other gun companies put up with when people try to pull shenanigans on them. Hence, their policies.

Oh, and I agree with what others have said. Rather than a 1-10x, I want to see more compact 1-4/1-6x LPVOs. Heck, give me a more compact Elcan with an adjustable diopter. Large Aimpoint like eye box to boot, dual focal plane set up with a red dot in the SFP. Imagine an 8-9" long LPVO that was 1-6x with a huge eyebox. Performs like a Kahles 1-6x or Short Dot dual but smaller. I would buy 4 of them for my various rifles.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 8:43:55 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:14:49 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Molon, the objective on the Vortex Razor Gen 3 1-10 is only 24 mm.  
View Quote

And unless they start giving them away for half-price I won't be interested in getting one.

My 1-4X Short Dot LE has a 24mm objective.

My 2.5 -10X NightForce has a 42mm objective.

Tell us how the performance of this 24mm objective at 10X is going to be as good as the performance of my 42mm objective at 10X.

My Trijicon Credo HX 1-6X is currently my favorite LPVO in the 1-6X range, so I like Trijicon just fine, but until somebody posts an unbiased review of this new entry into the market showing better performance at 10X than my current 10X scope I won’t be getting too excited.

The fact that this 10X optic doesn’t even have adjustable parallax already has me thinking it’s a no-go for me; but I’m still keeping an open mind about it.

Link Posted: 1/2/2024 9:38:36 PM EDT
[#43]
What a shit show of a product title

"New! Trijicon Credo 1-10x28mm First Focal Plane 34mm Tube Riflescope 2900050, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm, 24% Off w/ Free Shipping"

I didn't see a weight listed. My guess is 25 oz. Or more.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:00:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

And unless they start giving them away for half-price I won't be interested in getting one.

My 1-4X Short Dot LE has a 24mm objective.

https://i.ibb.co/yqwMSL9/short-dot-le-023.jpg

My 2.5 -10X NightForce has a 42mm objective.

https://i.ibb.co/GQPRv3k/nightforce-42-cropped-006.jpg

Tell us how the performance of this 24mm objective at 10X is going to be as good as the performance of my 42mm objective at 10X.

My Trijicon Credo HX 1-6X is currently my favorite LPVO in the 1-6X range, but until somebody posts an unbiased review of this new entry into the market showing better performance at 10X than my current scope I won’t be getting too excited.

The fact that this 10X optic doesn’t even have adjustable parallax already has me thinking it’s a no-go for me; but I’m still keeping an open mind about it.

https://i.ibb.co/gSsDtMx/triarc-rifle-003-resized-framed-c.jpg

View Quote

I don't understand the recent hatred of the Razor Gen III. I love mine, it's so fantastic. I just wish that it was lighter and had thicker stadia lines like the NX8, otherwise it's pretty much perfect.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:29:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
What a shit show of a product title

"New! Trijicon Credo 1-10x28mm First Focal Plane 34mm Tube Riflescope 2900050, Color: Black, Tube Diameter: 30 mm, 24% Off w/ Free Shipping"

I didn't see a weight listed. My guess is 25 oz. Or more.
View Quote
It's 21.2 ounces per the Trijicon manual linked on the optics planet website.  This definitely has my interest:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 10:57:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A 2-10x hunting oriented scope is a pretty poor comparison to a “tactical” optic like this.  You’re not shooting very far with a simple duplex reticle and capped turrets, at least not very quickly.  Throw in UKD targets and it gets even more difficult because you have no references to range targets.

That scope is also 18.9oz.  For the type of shooting we’re discussing here, I’d choose the lighter NX8 and lose 2x on the top end simply for the more useful reticle.

ETA: See you already covered this.
Link Posted: 1/2/2024 11:02:23 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
It's 21.2 ounces per the Trijicon manual linked on the optics planet website.  This definitely has my interest:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/400160/trijicon_jpg-3080056.JPG
View Quote

That's good work on Trijicon. They were able to make same weight as the Razor while improving the objective size. We can also see from that data the length didn't grow either.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 8:08:28 AM EDT
[#48]
I hope it’s a good optic but we’ll see. 1-10 and closed emitter pistol dots seem to still have bugs they’re working out.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 2:40:40 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Weird

View Quote

That couldn't be further from the truth. I've used them for my SRO and Credo 1-6x. Both got completely replaced within a week.
Link Posted: 1/3/2024 3:49:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I hope it’s a good optic but we’ll see. 1-10 and closed emitter pistol dots seem to still have bugs they’re working out.
View Quote

What bug's are we talking about?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Top Top