Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/25/2021 8:26:48 PM EDT
Is it normal for the windage adjustment dial to be off center in the housing like this? Seems odd to me.

Link Posted: 2/25/2021 11:40:56 PM EDT
[#1]
OP, that does look a little off, but I wouldn't sweat it. I just checked the 4 that I own and mine don't have that, but it's a little eyebrow raising to us OCD types. Overall, the big question you should be asking of the sight is, does it hold a zero, does the sight work as expected. If it bugs you, I would give Trijicon a call and ask them. They are a great company. Best of luck to you.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:12:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, that does look a little off, but I wouldn't sweat it. I just checked the 4 that I own and mine don't have that, but it's a little eyebrow raising to us OCD types. Overall, the big question you should be asking of the sight is, does it hold a zero, does the sight work as expected. If it bugs you, I would give Trijicon a call and ask them. They are a great company. Best of luck to you.
View Quote

I have not had a chance to test it because I just got it yesterday.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 8:29:20 AM EDT
[#3]
Oddly enough this made me run up to check all of mine and although none of mine have it, I checked out some images online and some stock photos appear to be the same.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:10:27 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Oddly enough this made me run up to check all of mine and although none of mine have it, I checked out some images online and some stock photos appear to be the same.
View Quote

I did the same, and found several that are off center to some degree, but could not find one as severe as mine.
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 10:13:27 AM EDT
[#5]
I sent that photo to Trijicon and the response I received was:

"Thank you for the pictures. That appears to be normal. Compared to the unites I have in front of me." witth the following photo attached

Link Posted: 2/26/2021 7:56:51 PM EDT
[#6]
It's definitely odd, but being that it's a forging and the outside is likely not touched a whole lot (light deburr and beadblast probably) I'm betting it sat in the fixture for machining that pocket just a bit offset but was still in acceptable tolerance for them to pass it
Link Posted: 2/26/2021 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#7]
I’m not at all concerned about the aesthetics. I just want to be sure that the durability isn’t compromised by this “defect,” because with less material in that one area, i would think that the dial could be more susceptible to damage if an impact occurred there.
Page AR-15 » Optics, Mounts, and Sights
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top