Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 3/30/2021 3:13:00 PM EDT
Ok so I removed the muzzle break from my new Armalite ar10. Came off no problem, but when I went to pull the crush washer off it wouldn’t come. It’s been crushed into a slight oval shape! Any ideas or tricks to get this off without messing the threads/crown up? I also noticed that the flash hider I bought will not fully screw on to meet the crush washer. It likes roughly 1/16 from coming into contact with the crush washer. Thank you
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 3:14:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Got a pair of Dykes cutters?

If not, use Vice grip pliers, try to squeeze it semi circular again, see if it will spin off.
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I tried a small set of cutters, it didn’t work. Maybe if I had a bigger set. I may run to the hardware store
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:18:06 PM EDT
[#3]
Dremel it off

You needed a new barrel anyways
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:35:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 3/30/2021 4:52:49 PM EDT
[#5]
I got it off. Put some oil on it and backed it off. Thanks for all the fast responses
Page AR-15 » Troubleshooting
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top