Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/21/2022 12:05:17 AM EDT
I was about to buy an aluminum CAR stock in grey from Retro Rifles and thought Id ask first. Is this the kind if operation that will take my money even if they don't have it? Will it take months?  I tried calling them, but their answer says they don't have time to answer the phone. I guess I know the answer, and I know its the hope that kills you. Is Tony's the same kinda outfit?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:25:14 AM EDT
[#1]
Don’t know about those two but here you go:

Double Star

They make them in batches so they will be back eventually

Thread about stock status
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 12:35:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, Im on that list too. Thank you.  I got one back in November(?) for a C7 I put together and now want to replace a poly one from Brownelles I have on an A2mid length carbine I put together.
The poly ones just don't cut it once you get an Al one.

And thanks for the link to the update thread.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 11:55:26 AM EDT
[#3]
If your looking for a grey anodized uncoated CAR stock, retro rifles seems to be the only ones that offer it.
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah I just wanted to talk to somebody to confirm it’s actually there to be bought. I guess I’ll roll the dice, and see how it shakes out.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:11:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Let us know how the experience goes.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:47:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I was about to buy an aluminum CAR stock in grey from Retro Rifles and thought Id ask first. Is this the kind if operation that will take my money even if they don't have it? Will it take months?  I tried calling them, but their answer says they don't have time to answer the phone. I guess I know the answer, and I know its the hope that kills you. Is Tony's the same kinda outfit?
View Quote

I’m gonna post this in all caps to drive the point home for everyone…

STAY FAR FAR FAR FAR AWAY FROM RETRO RIFLES! YOUR INSTINCT IS CORRECT THEY WONT FILL YOUR ORDER AND YOU'LL NEVER GET AHOLD OF ANYONE
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#7]
I ordered a lot of parts from them a few months ago for my A1 build. Shipping took about a week or so to ship, but I got everything I ordered that said in stock. Had and issue with a pistol grip they sent me, poor quality with chip in it. I emailed them and got a response back fairly quick and they made good on it. Sent me another one free of charge that was excellent condition for a Colt original. Good people to deal with in my opinion.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:16:56 AM EDT
[#8]
I've ordered from tony's and had good service, sometimes a little slow in shipping but it arrived ok. Retro Rifles... Stay away from them unless you like to do CC disputes. There are a fair amount of people who will tell you the same here.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 10:11:10 PM EDT
[#9]
I called Tony's this morning. Spoke with A very pleasant lady who assured me they were in the building and that mine will ship tomorrow. Took my order over the phone and promised me an email tomorrow.
I feel pretty good about it, Ill let y'all know.
Page AR-15 » AR-15 / M-16 Retro Forum
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top