Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 12/8/2020 4:35:52 PM EDT
I've seen a couple of threads on this brace but thought I'd give my feedback after buying one and owning 2 SBA3's and an SB SOB brace.

Long story short, for a sort of 300BO PDW build, I decided to go with a LWRC UCIW buffer tube for a shorter OAL.

I've seen some chop their braces to allow them to fully collapse on the shorter UCIW tube, but I noticed looking at pictures of the T5 brace that it appeared to have right about 1" of unused buffer space and might not need to be chopped, or if so, very slightly. So I picked one up.

I don't have the UCIW tube quite yet, but having my hands on it, I've got to say I'm impressed. I like how the brace section is reinforced with blackened stainless springs and the closure area where they meet at the bottom has dowels that keep things in place. I also like how the brace section isn't molded into the body, but is sandwiched with through bolts and polymer on the outside, pretty slick.

And the buffer tube that it comes with is one of the nicer finished tubes I've gotten. Fit between the tube and the brace is about the same as the SBA3. Hopefully I'll get my hands on a UCIW tube soon and see how it fits, and post back with pictures.

Fully collapsed position and extra space on standard carbine tube. At the worst I might have to trim the slight flare at the beginning:

Dowels and reinforced brace portion (the flat blackened stainless springs):

You can see the sandwiched setup of the buffer area between the body and polymer pieces on the outside:

Pics of the included milspec diameter buffer tube, nice anodization, not sure if 7075:

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:09:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks interesting.  Could you please post a picture of it from the rear next to an SBA3 so we can see the rear profile of one vs. the other?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:43:15 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks interesting.  Could you please post a picture of it from the rear next to an SBA3 so we can see the rear profile of one vs. the other?  Thanks!
View Quote

Here is a good comparison; the SBA3 has a wider cheekweld as you can see..

Link Posted: 12/8/2020 5:53:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Similar, but different. Thank you!
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 6:07:09 PM EDT
[#4]
Good info. I hadn't even heard of they were making a brace.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#5]
What is the extended length of pull with a standard trigger?
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:02:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Neat.

My warehouse is owned by the Tippman family.
Link Posted: 12/8/2020 9:31:58 PM EDT
[#7]
looks to be lighter in weight , is it ? also does it have a atf brace approveal letter with it ?
thanks
Link Posted: 12/9/2020 3:03:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Can anyone tell me the extended length to the end of the threads on a T5 brace?
Link Posted: 12/11/2020 6:26:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
looks to be lighter in weight , is it ? also does it have a atf brace approveal letter with it ?
thanks
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
thanks

I'm not able to find any official specs on the weight so I'll have to bring them into work and weigh them on a postal scale.

Quoted:
Can anyone tell me the extended length to the end of the threads on a T5 brace?

I measured both the SBA3 and the T5 and I'm getting exactly 12.5" on the fully extended on each, from the closest point of curvature on a standard trigger, straight back to the end of the brace, parallel on the buffer tube.

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 4:12:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:17:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just got one in the mail from AIM.

$109 includes extension.  Good price

Solid construction.
View Quote

@Cincinnatus

I think your are the same guy that had the Rip brace shortened SBA3 right?  Does the tipman fit on the LWRC Ultra compact receiver extension?

Link Posted: 12/23/2020 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 1/2/2021 1:08:55 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

@Cincinnatus

I think your are the same guy that had the Rip brace shortened SBA3 right?  Does the tipman fit on the LWRC Ultra compact receiver extension?

View Quote

Looks like it should it's a lot shorter than the SBA3
Link Posted: 1/20/2021 3:24:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Looks like it would work. Any updates?
Page AR-15 » AR Pistols
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top