Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/13/2020 2:54:50 AM EDT
I recently bought a slick side billet upper receiver for a PCC build. After I got it, I noticed its threading for the barrel nut does not go all way to the Picatinny side. See attached picture. Could this cause any problem for securing the barrel nut? I looked at a spare traditional AR-15 upper receiver from Aero that I have, it seems its threading goes a few more turns toward the Picatinny side.

Link Posted: 2/13/2020 3:52:56 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I recently bought a slick side billet upper receiver for a PCC build. After I got it, I noticed its threading for the barrel nut does not go all way to the Picatinny side. See attached picture. Could this cause any problem for securing the barrel nut? I looked at a spare traditional AR-15 upper receiver from Aero that I have, it seems its threading goes a few more turns toward the Picatinny side.

https://i.imgur.com/6LxRyFml.jpg?1
View Quote
Nope, won't be a problem, I have had several of them over the years, you can still seat the barrel with no problem.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 11:39:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Common trait.  Giterdun
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 4:58:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Thank you guys for your reassurance. This is my second AR-15 build, so I don’t have much experience, yet.
Link Posted: 2/13/2020 7:57:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Some have a longer relief cut for the threads than others. I don't know why they have that when they are CNC machined.
Link Posted: 2/14/2020 12:29:15 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://i.imgur.com/6LxRyFml.jpg?1
View Quote

It's not supposed to . . .

Although yours looks a bit more than .08".
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top