Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/21/2018 9:49:45 PM EDT
So I have a 6920 and a PSA  AR at the moment . I have owned a Bushmaster and a DDM4 V7. I am thinking it may be time to try my hand at building one on my own . I would like it t to be a quality build , not just the cheapest parts I can find . What would be a good build list on par with or better than the Guns I have or have had ? Thanks
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 1:37:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Building is nice as you get what you want without remodelling. Just beware it is like potato chips, can’t stop at 1. Look into Ballistic advantage barrels and Toolcraft BCGs. As far as receivers there are many companies to choose from. Furniture is all preference.
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:23:29 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Building is nice as you get what you want without remodelling. Just beware it is like potato chips, can’t stop at 1.
View Quote
It can be an issue.....
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 9:49:22 AM EDT
[#3]
So, BA a barrels and Toollcraft BCG would be on par with Colt and DD ?
Link Posted: 4/22/2018 4:37:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Faxon barrels
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 8:54:01 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
So, BA a barrels and Toollcraft BCG would be on par with Colt and DD ?
View Quote
Yes
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:58:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Building is nice as you get what you want without remodelling. Just beware it is like potato chips, can’t stop at 1. Look into Ballistic advantage barrels and Toolcraft BCGs. As far as receivers there are many companies to choose from. Furniture is all preference.
View Quote
What he said.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:22:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Are CMMG LPKs good ? I see a listing in the EE for the price of a Giessell trigger, you get both the trigger and the LPK.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 10:26:34 PM EDT
[#8]
CMMG is good to go. Have used a couple of the builder kits that come minus trigger group and grip. Nothing fancy but solid milspec kit.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:26:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Really the question is what do you want that the others do not offer?  Is it looks, function, accessories, etc.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:27:51 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Really the question is what do you want that the others do not offer?  Is it looks, function, accessories, etc.
View Quote
Really , I just want to try my hand at building one. I figure if I am going to build one, I want it to be at least as high of quality of what I have or have had. I already have the rail that I bought for my 6920 . That is what got me to thinking about building a new rifle for the rail instead of switching out the Colt.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top