Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Posted: 12/8/2018 11:09:20 PM EDT
I want to make a second upper for my 7.62X39 pistol (BRS47 lower receiver). The upper has to be milled out where the wider AK mags extend to allow the cartridges to feed into the chamber.

I used a DPMS upper for my first build, and it works great; it's thick walled, but no FA.

Here's what surprised me: I went to their website to see about purchasing another one, and the prices are more than double what they were a few years ago when I bought it.

Can anyone recommend another brand upper that has thicker walls than usual?

I milled out an Anderson upper, but the metal is only 1.5mm thick after I was done. It's fine for the range, but not for the field.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
G
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 9:12:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I want to make a second upper for my 7.62X39 pistol (BRS47 lower receiver). The upper has to be milled out where the wider AK mags extend to allow the cartridges to feed into the chamber.

I used a DPMS upper for my first build, and it works great; it's thick walled, but no FA.

Here's what surprised me: I went to their website to see about purchasing another one, and the prices are more than double what they were a few years ago when I bought it.

Can anyone recommend another brand upper that has thicker walls than usual?

I milled out an Anderson upper, but the metal is only 1.5mm thick after I was done. It's fine for the range, but not for the field.

Suggestions?

Thanks,
G
View Quote
Nordic Components has a slab side upper that should work
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 10:43:03 AM EDT
[#2]
I have 2 dpms uppers just sitting in my parts bin not doing anything. They both have been lapped on the barrel extension side if you are interested.
Page AR-15 » Build It Yourself
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top