Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2022 12:58:58 PM EDT
I'm evidently not searching the correct keywords to find what I'm looking for. I'm interested in using a spare SF G2X Tactical that I've had forever in a box as a weapon light on a budget build. I can't find a tape/pressure switch for one though.  Anyone have something not horribly expensive that is compatible?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 4:48:52 PM EDT
[#1]
Nope.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:19:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Not sure what your idea of horribly expensive is.

Surefire makes a XM00 tail cap that is just like the DS00 tail cap but bigger.  It works on the larger older lights.  The XM00 tail
Cap without the tape switch is considerably cheaper than the DS00 version.  Any tape switch that works with a DS00 or UE tail cap will work with the XM00.

By the time you buy a XM00 and a tape switch on the EE (around $100 for both items), you will be close to the cost of a dedicated Streamlight rifle light on sale.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:28:07 PM EDT
[#3]
I got a coiled cord switch from either PSA or Primary Arms that works decent on an old surefire G2. It's janky but it works on my shotgun.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 5:20:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Surefire makes a XM00 tail cap that is just like the DS00 tail cap but bigger.  It works on the larger older lights.  The XM00 tail
Cap without the tape switch is considerably cheaper than the DS00 version.  Any tape switch that works with a DS00 or UE tail cap will work with the XM00.

By the time you buy a XM00 and a tape switch on the EE (around $100 for both items), you will be close to the cost of a dedicated Streamlight rifle light on sale.
View Quote

This is the way. I bought a xm00 off ebay a few years ago for cheap.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 6:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

This is what I was hoping to come in under. Most of my other rifles are equipped with some version of a Streamlight.  If I'm going to have to spend $100+ to get a set up for this G2X, I'll just spend it on one of those and throw the SF in a bag or vehicle or something.

Thanks fellas!
Link Posted: 4/22/2022 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Op, maybe just a a low profile ring mount for it?  Ive got a g2x or p2x in a gear sector mount that works pretty well.
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:39:52 PM EDT
[#7]
I use a g2x in an Arisaka mount on the right side on Magpul   SL carbine length. Snugs right up next to the front sight post without hitting it and I can thumb activate just fine.
Link Posted: 6/16/2022 12:58:14 AM EDT
[#8]
This Nitecore with 950 lm blows away my G2X setups. It also has a cool dual switch. Mine is mounted on a shotgun.

Nitecore P12 with remote

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top