Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/8/2021 11:14:22 PM EDT
Just bought a surplus 12 rifle Hardigg case.  Two sides are identical and form a clamshell.  

Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:18:43 AM EDT
[#1]
I've often thought about buying one, but I hear they don't handle optics well.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 7:16:30 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've often thought about buying one, but I hear they don't handle optics well.
View Quote

They don't appear to handle optics at all, but they are perfect for a pile of retro builds.
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 8:57:40 AM EDT
[#3]
Where did you get them?
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 12:04:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

They don't appear to handle optics at all, but they are perfect for a pile of retro builds.
View Quote

I suppose that is a good enough reason for me to build 11 more retro rifles
Link Posted: 2/9/2021 4:01:52 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Where did you get them?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Where did you get them?

Ebay.  $359 for good condition.  $259 if you don't mind broken latches and cleaning out dessicant.  

Quoted:

I suppose that is a good enough reason for me to build 11 more retro rifles

Any reason is a good reason to build retro rifles.
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Will it hold AR10’s and/or AR pistols?

Edit: I looked at picture again and see a pistol....AR10 gtg?
Link Posted: 2/10/2021 3:55:56 PM EDT
[#7]
sometimes the cross bars are missing, they suck with out them. they come up for auction on gov planet all the time.  the shit sells too high on there anymore. people pay full blown retail then 16% buyers penalty on top of that. ammo cans go for like 15 bucks for a 50 cal can.
Link Posted: 2/25/2021 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Several years ago I bought 4-5 pallets of cases on govplanet and two of the pallets were those Hardigg cases. I traded several of them for guns, optics, ammo, accessories and cash. I wish I had kept the Surefire flashlight, EOTech Red Dot and Magnifier that a guy traded me along with a Sig Mosquito 22LR pistol for 5 of the cases. I still came out on the winning end cash wise.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 4:22:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmm.....pretty cool. Is it waterproof enough to survive burial for an extended period?
Link Posted: 3/6/2021 1:11:20 PM EDT
[#10]
The units I saw had M4s and 16s with rail forearms and had the VFG mounted and the optics were attached to the lower rail of the forearms near the VFG; so they were on the open inside of the case when the case was closed.
Link Posted: 3/7/2021 2:07:26 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Hmmm.....pretty cool. Is it waterproof enough to survive burial for an extended period?
View Quote

Not unless it's under your garage or slab. The only way I would bury firearms is in a drum full of oil.
Page AR-15 » Slings and Other Accessories
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top