Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 9/21/2018 3:24:12 PM EDT
I had a couple new Surefire 60's (old manufacture dates) that failed to feed and had sticking followers. I called CS and sent them in. From Googling, it seems like most people just got theirs replaced asap but after calling customer service, they told me it takes a month for them to rebuild the magazine.

Has anyone gotten their magazines rebuilt/refurbished after sending them in? If so how was the performance after you got it back? I'm kind of wary and I'm hoping that they would replace them with the latest ones...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 3:55:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/22/2018 2:10:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
60 round Quad Stack magazine, GREAT idea....................IF it worked!  
View Quote
I've got a few of the newer production mags that work without a problem and feeds all brass cased ammo. Only issue I've found is dropping it partially loaded...

I do have a D60 as well but the Surefire 60 is easier to stick in a pouch.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:44:15 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I had a couple new Surefire 60's (old manufacture dates) that failed to feed and had sticking followers. I called CS and sent them in. From Googling, it seems like most people just got theirs replaced asap but after calling customer service, they told me it takes a month for them to rebuild the magazine.

Has anyone gotten their magazines rebuilt/refurbished after sending them in? If so how was the performance after you got it back? I'm kind of wary and I'm hoping that they would replace them with the latest ones...
View Quote
I had one older mag rebuilt by surefire.  They installed a more powerful spring.  It took several weeks before it was returned back to me.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 9:34:58 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote
I sent two in last year.   I think it took a couple weeks but they worked MUCH better once they came back.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 8:55:47 PM EDT
[#5]
thanks for reminding me, its been months since I sent mine in...  it worked fine the first few times, then stopped working...
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:34:33 PM EDT
[#6]
So are the current production ones good to go?  I have failed to stay up on these.  Kind of want one just for the Jim Sullivan connection.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 4:40:35 PM EDT
[#7]
I'd like to test one with an upside down bumpfire stock.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 5:00:46 PM EDT
[#8]
WTF are you googling? Google is not your friend.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:51:51 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
The real test of them is steel cased ammo. Mine won’t feed steel case AT ALL!!!
View Quote
Ok.  Does it work with normal brass ammo that it was designed for?
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 8:26:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 11:30:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
60 round Quad Stack magazine, GREAT idea....................IF it worked!  
View Quote
Stephen paddock fired over 1,100 rounds in 10 minutes using Surefire mags. Did you have one that failed to feed?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:34:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 12:06:18 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  More like SEVERAL that failed to feed! And from the posts since they came out I’m far from the from the only person who has had issues.
View Quote
IM me if you want to get rid of one.  I'm setting up a rifle in an upside down Connecticut configuration, and would be interesting to see if they feed better upside down.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 1:40:40 PM EDT
[#15]
With the many reports of failures since day one I'm kind of surprised they are still being marketed.
maybe the newer ones are better,but I wont bother with them again.
I had 2 of 60rd mags that never were able to feed 60rds,they were sold at a loss.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 6:16:04 PM EDT
[#16]
Got my mags back and they did an excellent job. Looks like they were replaced as the finish is different and there are dates stamped on the magazines. Quality is definitely better as well.

Got to run a slew of different 5.56 loads in them (M193, M855, MK318, MK262) and they all feed like my newer Surefire magazines.

+1 for Surefire CS
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 3:59:54 PM EDT
[#17]
How do you quantify the quality as being "way better"?
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 4:04:52 PM EDT
[#18]
Ot a magazine but my 300v had a 2 week turn around.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 9:16:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 11:33:11 AM EDT
[#20]
I read it to mean that the spring is stronger, but posting that the quality is better leads me to believe that something about the overall construction is different / better aside from just a stronger / longer spring.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 3:02:45 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I read it to mean that the spring is stronger, but posting that the quality is better leads me to believe that something about the overall construction is different / better aside from just a stronger / longer spring.
View Quote
Welds are definitely stronger and construction seems better.

I had a new-in-bag old one that looked like it was cobbled together with weak welds and exposed gaps but none to be found on the newer (and replacement) mags.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 5:38:30 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm surprised surefire CS doesn't just say buy a D60. Their mags are terrible.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 7:01:14 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I'm surprised surefire CS doesn't just say buy a D60. Their mags are terrible.
View Quote
I have a D60 as well but the Surefire is easier to load and carry.

Aside from the two early gen ones I've had to send in, they have been trouble free for me so I'm okay carrying one on the bottom edge of my plate carrier and/or as the first magazine in my rifle although if I was going to use only a single 60 rounder, I'd probably lean towards the D60.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:14:02 AM EDT
[#24]
do they refinish?  I had assumed I got a new one.  Mine finally came back after I sent them a reminder, it took a long time.

Did they discontinue the 100 rd version?  As far as I know Paddock is the only one who got them to work...
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 1:24:20 AM EDT
[#25]
I wonder if they'd work better set up like a BREN?
Page AR-15 » Magazines
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top