Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 2/15/2021 2:54:29 PM EDT
It's time to add another Mini Scout to one my SBRs. I currently have a M300C in a KAC Scout MLok mount and it's fantastic.

How well do these new Surefire PRO mounting / swivel systems hold up? GTG or yet to be tested? I'm not opposed to a Surefire mount. I'm just wondering if the PRO will be the way of the future or if I should stick with Arasaka and KAC mounts?
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:09:05 PM EDT
[#1]
So far, i've used a couple and they lockup pretty tight. I do like the ability to adjust them and the fact that you don't have to spend extra on a separate mount.

I haven't had a chance to really run them in a class or anything, so i've yet to really see how they hold up.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:10:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So far, i've used a couple and they lockup pretty tight. I do like the ability to adjust them and the fact that you don't have to spend extra on a separate mount.

I haven't had a chance to really run them in a class or anything, so i've yet to really see how they hold up.
View Quote

Yep, why I was leaning towards the PRO. Seems like the better deal.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#3]
I was leery of it myself.  Mine is relatively new and not much time on it but seems solid.

The adjustability is the cat's ass. I'm sure SF will stand behind them in the event that there are issues with the mounting system.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a 340 but throwing my two cents on the mount: Other than trying to figure out just why my 640 sucks because it dims after a second of contact with the pad, that mount has been solid so far. 100 rounds this past Saturday and so far, so good. I like that it's truly modular making it left or right hand friendly to mount. Probably going to get a Modllite head because I read up elsewhere on arf that it fixes the issue with the dimming.
Link Posted: 2/15/2021 4:35:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Not a 340 but throwing my two cents on the mount: Other than trying to figure out just why my 640 sucks because it dims after a second of contact with the pad, that mount has been solid so far. 100 rounds this past Saturday and so far, so good. I like that it's truly modular making it left or right hand friendly to mount. Probably going to get a Modllite head because I read up elsewhere on arf that it fixes the issue with the dimming.
View Quote

DF, I assume?
Link Posted: 3/12/2021 7:24:25 PM EDT
[#6]
My duel fuel has the dimming bullshit too. I’m going to buy a m300 for a pistol build and if that Has issues I will dump surefire all together
Link Posted: 3/14/2021 9:16:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Following up to say the M340 has been doing fine so far on my 300 BLK sbr. The mount really does work well for getting into the exact position you want....offset and how close to the rail you want.

The screw for adjustment could be a little better designed IMO and I feel like if you dropped it out of a moving vehicle...it would probably break loose. But so far so good.
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:20:51 PM EDT
[#8]
The mount is slick, for sure. I, too, have a 340 on a shorty 300blk.

The light has a high frequency whine when using a UE tailcap and pressure pad.

Bums me out because I like the light and it fits so well
Link Posted: 3/20/2021 2:56:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

DF, I assume?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

DF, I assume?
Yes.

I may try to trade in the EE for a 340 though. It would be a cheaper alternative for me.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top