Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2021 12:54:28 PM EDT
I was setting up a new nv rifle and found this from a decade ago.  It is huge compared to my 300v.  Couldn’t find a used price on one.  Any specific use for one these days or a group of people looking for them?  Side mounted it sticks out 3 inches almost.
Link Posted: 4/18/2021 7:46:39 PM EDT
[#1]
It never really caught on. Granted the field of potential buyers is pretty limited to the night vision scene.

It would only be useful for a rifle with a rail mounted night vision optic so you didn’t have the need for an IR laser for aiming.

If they had worked an IR laser into it, they would have gotten a lot more traction. I’m sure their X400 Vampire series is doing much better sales wise. Having to mount that big honking m720v on a side mount and still needing to mount another device for the IR laser is kind of derpy since there are better options available. By the time you bought both, you’re reaching into MAWL price territory which offers better ergonomics, simplicity and performance. If you still need white light, mount a separate unit for that. It’s probably better to keep your IR and white light controls separated anyway to reduce accidental light discharges. You’re also left finding a Taps switch in order to control both the m720v and an IR laser at the same times, they aren’t cheap or easy to find and didn’t really exist when this item was released.
Link Posted: 4/19/2021 11:13:11 PM EDT
[#2]
You see them pop up every now and then for 325-350, but never sell. Someone may bite @ 150-175, but it's going to be a very limited audience.
Link Posted: 4/21/2021 11:17:25 PM EDT
[#3]
I just bought another 640v and put it back in the safe.
Page AR-15 » Lights and Lasers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top