Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/5/2021 5:02:13 PM EDT
I currently have a 14.5" LW Daniel Defense complete rifle that has a Surefire RC2 with H2 buffer. I am looking into building/buying another AR that isn't as long/heavy and isn't as gassy in the face. I already know that I want 11.5" barrel for my next rifle (pistol). Since I got my can, I only shoot suppressed so I'm looking for something that is optimal for shooting with my SF RC2.

I came across the Triarc TSR-15S Pistol that has "suppressed only barrel". Is this a good idea to get a suppressed only barrel? Triarc is also very expensive and VERY long wait times.

I am trying to decide if I should get a "suppressed only" barrel and build my own, order a Triarc pistol, or just get a 11.5 Knight's Armament and forget about gas in the face...

I would love to hear what you all think. Also let me know if there are any alternative "suppressed only" barrels other than Triarc's.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:19:39 PM EDT
[#1]
TRIARC Systems also offers a “Suppressed Only” version of our TRACK Barrel.  Featuring a shrunken gas port, this will give the shooter a much cleaner shooting experience when used with a suppressed application.
View Quote

So the suppressed only aspect is due to gas port size?  Wouldn't an AGB accomplish the same thing?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:28:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Sionics makes one as well, but all their barrels are going into complete firearms right now.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 5:58:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I plan on using this for home defense and I've heard some people complain about AGBs breaking or affecting reliability. I'd like to stick to a traditional gas block that is pinned.
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 6:03:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Black river tactical?
Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#5]
I suppose it makes sense for a permanently mounted or integral suppressor to keep it single stamp.  

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 7:44:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I suppose it makes sense for a permanently mounted or integral suppressor to keep it single stamp.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/5/2021 10:08:57 PM EDT
[#7]
I just did some more research and ordered a Black River Tactical EZTUNE Gas Tube

Nevermind a whole new rifle if I can tune the one I have. Thanks for the input.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 12:59:50 AM EDT
[#8]
I do like the Triarc suppressed-only bbl.  High end and worth the wait.  Put it and another can on the waiting list.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Black river tactical?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 11:25:15 AM EDT
[#10]
I have an 11.5 Sionics RGP and it works great with a Silencerco Specwar 556k on the end.  Also have a Triarc 11.5 Track 2.0, not sure it is suppressed only got it off PA, it won't cycle Wolf or Tula without a suppressor, suppressed it will.  Cycled full 5.56 brass without the suppressor with no issue.  223 will cycle with the suppressor, wears a Silencerco Specwar 556, function seems to be good, haven't really run it hard, but seems good.  I like both barrels so far.  I do like that the Sionic RGP is chrome-lined.
Link Posted: 9/6/2021 3:15:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I do like the Triarc suppressed-only bbl.  High end and worth the wait.  Put it and another can on the waiting list.
View Quote

That will be a future purchase for me. probably will get that with a SureFire Mini 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top