Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Site Notices
Posted: 5/20/2020 8:06:11 AM EDT
I'm currently gathering parts for a 9mm upper and I'm at the point that I need to decide on a buffer. I'm using a Macon 5" barrel and plan on leaving my silencerco hybrid on it 100% of the time. I've read people saying heavy buffer/heavy spring, heavy buffer/light spring, hydraulic buffer/light spring, or captured recoil assembly. What's my best option to not make my 9mm upper beat itself to death?
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 8:27:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Definitely heavy 9mm buffer (a tad longer than regular).  Maybe extra power spring, maybe regular spring.  But springs are cheap, and you probably already have at least one regular power spring.  

May also depend on your bolt choice (most 9mm bolts have extra weights) and whether you want a standard type buffer/spring combo or one of the captured (JP, Armaspec, etc)

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I run a JP .308 carbine spring and a hydraulic buffer in my Colt mag gun and the recoil is sweet." />
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 5:08:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By thebert:
I run a JP .308 carbine spring and a hydraulic buffer in my Colt mag gun and the recoil is sweet.https://i.imgur.com/nuXC0aJ.jpg" target="_blank">https://i.imgur.com/nuXC0aJ.jpg
View Quote

Damn that's a sexy rig!
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 2:25:46 AM EDT
[#4]

I use a 9mm JPSCS from Maxim Defense and run a MiniBoss on the 3lug full time.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 7:20:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Damn that's a sexy rig!
View Quote

Thanks!
Page AR-15 » Rimfire and Pistol Calibers
AR Sponsor: bravocompany
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top